Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Striker Life Expectancy

Glock Striker Life Expectancy

I recently broke an aftermarket striker after 18 months and 25K rounds. Does anyone know what the life expectancy is of the factory striker?

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I recently broke an aftermarket striker after 18 months and 25K rounds. Does anyone know what the life expectancy is of the factory striker?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Im at 40kish with my g19 gen4 and no issues.

My old issued gen3 g17 had 50k before I had it serviced my our armorers and they only swapped a few springs.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Thanks,
    Mike
    What broke? I've had the tip erode and cause light strikes. I have a couple with 50k or more that are doing OK. I think it's just the luck of the draw how long they last.

I've had a few wear down short enough to cause light strikes at between 20-25k

What make was the aftermarket striker?
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I'll echo what's already been posted; the predictability of a failure is pretty willy-nilly due to the tolerances of the design. I did armorer duties on a couple of hundred various Glocks and it was not an issue, generally speaking.

If I were going to address it through PM, I'd probably replace it at 20k, but that's a totally subjective assessment.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Just to add...

You cannot go wrong with preventative maintenance of a Glock. If you want to replace some parts with brand new OEM parts, by all means go for it, you aren't going to hinder the gun in any way.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It was a ZEV V4. The tip broke or eroded off and caused light strikes. I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a replacement or run the stock striker.

It was a ZEV V4. The tip broke or eroded off and caused light strikes. I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a replacement or run the stock striker.
    Maybe Zev will replace it?

Drop in an OEM striker unit and you should have no further problems.

Fred,

That's what I am thinking...I switched to the OEM and did not notice an effect on my trigger.

ZEV has offered me 50% off a replacement...still not sure its worth it if the stock striker works and will last just as long or longer.

User Tag List