Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon Campus Shooting

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Oregon Campus Shooting

I know this has been an active discussion in the "Shooting Incidents in the News" thread, but I was hoping to compile it here, for ease of reference.

For those unfamiliar, there has been a mass killing at a community college in Oregon. At present, 13 are confirmed dead, and the shooter was evidently killed by police. Linked information is still preliminary, so please take it with a grain of salt. From BBC News:

At least 13 people have been killed in a shooting at Umpqua Community College in the US state of Oregon. The 20-year-old gunman died after exchanging fire with police officers inside a classroom about 10:30 local time (18:30 BST), officials said. Oregon State Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum said that at least 20 people were wounded.
    Also in that article is the initial report that he was using a "long gun" that was potentially outfitted with a suppressor. I don't recall seeing either of those terms in many news reports, so it makes me wonder who they were interviewing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I shared this in the other thread but Reddit has the link to a post on 4Chan last night that was probably from the shooter. I won't directly link it do to some of the enraging comments on that post.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

President Obama already bringing up guns. Wow

*edit*
    I said it in the shooting incident thread but my heart goes out to the victims and their families.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 10-01-2015 at 05:42 PM.

It is the gun's fault.....the dictator has spoken.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Has the shooter's identity been released yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    That's comforting to know. I was worried it was going to be some crazy asshole who was overmedicated and under-loved.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Has the shooter's identity been released yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    nope, neither has the weapon he used or how many victims are actually deceased/injured.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    So what I'm seeing thus far is that you could actually have a firearm on campus, if you were licensed? Why do people think that leaving your life vest at home somehow makes everyone more buoyant?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    President Obama already calling for more gun control. Wow
    First off, sorrow, prayers, and empathy for the families of the victims, and a visceral "may-you-burn-in-hell" to the SOB who perpetrated this atrocity, may he be welcomed with bloody hands into a hospitable grave, if he still lives.

On the political reaction by the Left: With Boehner leaving as Speaker, will he feel bitter enough towards the Republican base to pass a guncontrol bill as a parting middle-finger towards the Tea-Party? I would not put it past a RINO to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    He knows he cannot truly transform what he can't disarm.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List