Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How to handle stupid comments from the RO

Throughly enjoyed reading this thread... served to acutely remind me why I put up with whacking down the poison ivy at my land in order to shoot in solitude! My wife already accuses me of being "antisocial" <g> (I tell her, I'm just very selective in who I call a "friend"). So, stories of these RO encounters just reconfirmed the worth of my occasional encounters with poison ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    Throughly enjoyed reading this thread... served to acutely remind me why I put up with whacking down the poison ivy at my land in order to shoot in solitude! My wife already accuses me of being "antisocial" <g> (I tell her, I'm just very selective in who I call a "friend"). So, stories of these RO encounters just reconfirmed the worth of my occasional encounters with poison ivy. [emoji1].

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    So, funny you should mention.

Six weeks went by before I got my physical membership card. That week, I contacted the lead RO and asked about how I could volunteer.

Guy texted me back, said he was busy and would get back to me. Couple days later, I followed up, got another text back, saying he 'would let me know". I called a third time, left a message. Never heard back.

At the range about a week later, I asked one of the ROs about volunteering. Guy said oh no, you have to be a member for two years.

The week after, I asked another, different guy. This guy told me, no, you'd need to be a member for a year.

So this has been my experience trying to volunteer as a new member.

As I used to say sometimes, whisky tango foxtrot, oscar.

ETA: Am I not a good candidate to be a good RO? I'm a FL CWL holder and USPSA unranked shooter. I have a current CPR cert (Sep), and 6 hours in Trauma / GSW class modeled on DoD's TCCC protocol held at this local range (Sep). I have an expired 16.0 hours in Wilderness First Aid (2010). I have no prior military or LEO.
    That's funny. After a year I was asked multiple times to be an RO simply because of how I acted and treated people and they observed that I was always a safe shooter. I love my club. I'm not an RO yet, don't have the time but I do plenty of other work for them such as soundproofing ect. I do however plan on pursuing the RO for the kids program this fall.

User Tag List