Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to handle stupid comments from the RO

I suffer from this as well. I think it all comes down to a spotty childhood, but that is for another time lol

I had a match were one of the RO's wife was giving me a real hard time. Screwed my whole match performance up. I get hung up on what people say/think about me. I don't really know why but if I could get over it, my quality of life would improve X3. I've found staying in a joking attitude and not taking anything serious even when others are helps. I don't think this helps at all, but atleast your not alone in other people screwing your performance up!

ROs can be entertaining! Like when a USPSA RO asks Mr White where his gun is, or says "clear the range, where's my shooter?"
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    ROs can be entertaining! Like when a USPSA RO asks Mr White where his gun is, or says "clear the range, where's my shooter?"
    oh god, wish I could see his reaction.

If you're going to practice at the range you seriously need to perfect the polite "leave me the hell alone" look. If I'm at the range to practice (95% of the time) I'm trying to stay away from people and indicate I don't want their advice or company, without being a huge douche about it. That and it's a rare, rare occurrence to have anyone at a public range have anything intelligent to teach me about handgun shooting. It's a social fun event for most, not a skill building session, so you have to appreciate that.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Only time I listen to an RO is if we are doing something that requires an RO.

Otherwise they can fly a kite. I threw my nra chief rso card at one guy once who told me I shouldn't use the sling I was using (two point) on that range.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    "I'm just doing some dry fire practice, thanks" then back to focusing on the gun. IE "leave me alone" body language. The guy may have just wanted to chat and sucked at small talk. If you ever do decide to chat someone up at a gun range, just express the tiniest bit of interest in their gun. "Gosh, what's that you're shooting" and then stand back and watch the fun. You can't shut them up with a 2x4 for half an hour.

"This is the new HK VP9, a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport metal detectors, and it costs more than you make in a month."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    "I'm just doing some dry fire practice, thanks" then back to focusing on the gun.
    That, or a very drily sarcastic "man, and I thought that rule about it always being loaded that people talk about was for real!"

Whether you're polite, sarcastic, or anywhere in between, letting someone's mostly innocent, if inept, banter get to you is no way to go through life. If they start actually hassling you, well, that's a horse of another color, but it doesn't sound to me like that's what was going on with Rich's situation.

Rich, ya gotta HTFU man......

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Rich, ya gotta HTFU man......
    /thread

Kidding, obviously. My wife, ever a keen student of human nature, told me much the same thing.

Seriously, I kind of expected this answer was at the back of the book, but I do appreciate all the comments.

User Tag List