Thread: What other Sig pistols work with holsters designed for P245?

What other Sig pistols work with holsters designed for P245?

Looking to source or order a 5 Shot Leather SME for my newly acquired Sig P245 and was wondering if there are any other models of Sig Pistols that share the same holster specs. Would probably lead to my purchasing of other said pistols

Any help would be apprecaited

-DGI

I realize I'm not answering your question directly, but I have an SME for a railed 226 that doubles duty for a few other Sigs, to include non-railed 226s, a 228, a P6, and a 239. You might also find that a bit of additional holster length can help with comfort and and concealment (tucking the butt of the pistol), but those elements are obviously body type dependent.

t

I had a Mitch Rosen for a p245 that worked as well with a Sig P6 and about as well with a Sig P228 (West German).

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    A P245 will *usually* be fine in a P229 holster. The opposite is less likely to be true, however.

I have always admired (from a distance) the old German Sigs.

Would it be safe to assume that a holster built for a P228 would be a good compromise to use with a P245 and P6?

When I had a comp-tac CTAC for a 229 (non-rail) it also worked with my 245 and 220 compact, with an adjustment to the retention screw. Leather work better.

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    Would it be safe to assume that a holster built for a P228 would be a good compromise to use with a P245 and P6?
    It kind of depends on how closely the holster is fit to a particular model and if there is a conflict with the one you are trying to mix and match with. For example, the P228 has a wider slide than the P6 while the P6 needs more room for the squared off front trigger guard. Holsters made from softer leathers or those with adjusting screws tend to be more forgiving. On the other hand, for example, one of the guys I shoot with picked up a Kramer vertical scabbard one of for his S&W N-frames, one of which was a Mountain Gun and the other is not, and figured out the hard way that they almost but do not quite mix and match between them.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

220 Compact

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    220 Compact

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Hahahaha smooth!

Looks like P6 has a square-ish trigger guard like the 245, id be ok with those two sharing a holster.

User Tag List