Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Installing new sight on HK P30

We are diminished
    I now have a bunch of bent brass punches, because the sights were still so tight after filing and I was paranoid about filing them too much more and leaving them too loose. So instead, steel punch.

Ugly? Yes. Shoots well? Yes.
    (yeah, I know I'm opening myself up for all sorts of jokes with that line...)

Another place to send your slide (and barrel, recoil assembly) is Gray Guns. They seem to test fire and regulate the sights on their own pistol frames.

If I am not mistaken, doesn't the Heinie sights have dual set screws? I wouldn't think filing would be a huge issue as long as you file a little and check alot. Patience is usually the key.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    Patience is usually the key.
    What is this "patience" you speak of?

It's that Great White Buffalo that all men speak of, yet is hardly ever encountered.

I've driven them on my Glocks (Hienie straight 8 tritium) with brass without too much problem or scarring. H&K probably is a tighter tolerance though. Haven't changed those out yet (now I may not do it myself).

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    H&K probably is a tighter tolerance though.
    My Meprolights required judicious file usage to even begin to seat in the dovetail, FWIW.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    It's that Great White Buffalo that all men speak of, yet is hardly ever encountered.
    great white buffalo

A jewelers file, emery cloth, a brass/wood jawed vice, a hammer and some brass punches.
    15 minutes of menial labor and you've done a professional job with no marring.

Or just beat the shit out of it with a bigger hammer like Todd and it looks like the Samsonite gorilla installed them.

Either way works.

I bought one of those Uni-2ool sight install tools from Top Gun. It worked alright, alot more expensive than a punch. I have used it to install Heinies on my USP and reinstall the Meps that fell out of my new P30....I was not a happy camper when that happened.

User Tag List