Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: USSOCOM Safety Message for EOTech Sights

If EoTechs had a 24mm tube like the micro series, they wouldn't be half as popular.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    If EoTechs had a 24mm tube like the micro series, they wouldn't be half as popular.
    I honestly think things like the eotech become a personal issue for people. Theirs works, they like the big circle with a dot, so when people say they have issues they come up with a million reasons why it didn't effect theirs/doesn't matter. I have family members that love xds and I just cringe when they assume that they don't have issues..

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I honestly think things like the eotech become a personal issue for people. Theirs works, they like the big circle with a dot, so when people say they have issues they come up with a million reasons why it didn't effect theirs/doesn't matter. I have family members that love xds and I just cringe when they assume that they don't have issues..
    I felt the cognitive dissonance for awhile and then finally convinced myself that I could get a full refund for a 5 year old sight for a little effort. Very happy with my T2 now and more importantly I trust it will hold zero.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I felt the cognitive dissonance for awhile and then finally convinced myself that I could get a full refund for a 5 year old sight for a little effort. Very happy with my T2 now and more importantly I trust it will hold zero.
    I feel ya. I really like the reticle but never took the plinge. Glad I didn't

I had an XPS 2-0 that worked just fine, and I have 1 553 in my personal inventory. I'm going to run it until it stops, just see what happens. I have other optics and sights, but there's no reason I see to not use it. It has worked when I've needed it to, and I've had it a while now. I'm not a Tier 1 badass so I don't expect to have any honest issues with it. But I will also say I'm not going to buy any more anytime soon. We'll see if I see any action in North Texas significant enough to put it through it's paces. I might take it to a class to see how it does.

I also have to say, there has to be a number of people out there just hating on them because that's what is cool at the moment. I know there's a lot of Yeager followers, and people that love to jump aboard the hate train whenever it's in town. That's not to say EoTech doesn't have issues, or that I don't believe they do. Because they clearly do. But, I think the hate is disproportionate to actual owners/users. I personally like the sight and the recticle, but I also need to be sure it's going to work when I need it to. I think T2's, ACOG's and MRO's are what my future holds for optics, but I'm sure someone will have something to say about pretty much everything. T2's are bomb proof, but they're a little tunnel vision-y as it were, MRO's fix that but have had a few problems as they're new to the market. And ACOG's are solid, but you'll get "My buddy" stories about how they're not.

But I digress. In the end, I hope EoTech fixes their shit because I think they're easier to use. I've got one left I'm going to run until it doesn't anymore, then move on with my life. We'll see what happens.

Got my check today.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I also have to say, there has to be a number of people out there just hating on them because that's what is cool at the moment. I know there's a lot of Yeager followers, and people that love to jump aboard the hate train whenever it's in town. That's not to say EoTech doesn't have issues, or that I don't believe they do. Because they clearly do. But, I think the hate is disproportionate to actual owners/users.
    Navyman - if you're interested in the truth about the EOTechs, and aren't just in love with what you have, drop me a PM with your .mil email addy and I'll talk to you one on one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Navyman - if you're interested in the truth about the EOTechs, and aren't just in love with what you have, drop me a PM with your .mil email addy and I'll talk to you one on one.
    Same here, having been responsible for dozens of the things.

Site Supporter
    What if ?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  44.8 KB

My dad finally received his check today. Cashiers type. Took the scenic route to get to him, but it's done now.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

User Tag List