Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USSOCOM Safety Message for EOTech Sights

I've broken three EO Techs, personally purchased.

14 of the 16 that were bought for my team were dead inside of two years.

That's my experience.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I've broken three EO Techs, personally purchased.

14 of the 16 that were bought for my team were dead inside of two years.

That's my experience.
    I wish I could say how many have broken in my presence. Of the 150 or so guy's gear that I have been responsible for, most broke. We just kept buying new ones, and didn't pay attention to the numbers.

I should clarify that like Sean, I'm not dumb enough to use an Eotech longer than necessary. For the vast majority of my professional rifle life, I have run Aimpoints. Occasionally I haven't had a choice and have used Eotechs. All my guys used Eotechs, so most of my experience with them breaking is from watching it happen.

I'd like to know for how long L3 knew about this via actual sciencey-data-stuffs. I've never run anything other than Aimpoints. Maybe this will help convince my dad to finally finish his switch to Aimpoint. Probably not.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    Sean M was surprised when (the only) two made it through the Carbine Class he and F2s put on if that tells you anything.
    Don't tell Sean, but I kinda cheated that one. You see, some mixture of psychological repression and that half bottle of gin erased most of our heart-to-heart (or maybe it was boot-to-face?) from my memory that night, so when I woke up for the class, my EOTech didn't know any better. Funny that, because I remember everything else quite clearly...except for how I got from the passenger seat to the hotel room with all my gear...

In all seriousness, he broke my heart that night. I'm pretty fortunate I can't afford an Aimpoint right now, nor need one per se, because the EOTechs are really "my" sight in so many ways, and I'm going to miss it when I eventually switch. Of course, that sentiment will probably change the first time I experience that spring/detent resetting.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Posting this for Sean M. Two crapped on him (at work) this morning.

[snip]
    Bah. That's one of those old dog ones. Everyone knows the real ninjas use the EXPS3-0

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Can someone summarize why EOTechs have been so popular amongst high-end end users, despite the fact that they seem to be near-universally loathed? Is it just the price, or...?
    Since no one has seemed to play the govt. conspiracy card yet: blah blah blah something about L3 or EOTech or whatever being CIA funded.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Since no one has seemed to play the govt. conspiracy card yet: blah blah blah something about L3 or EOTech or whatever being CIA funded.
    There really is no other explanation...unless we want to believe that the people making these decisions are idiots.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

They really came to play during the quick fielding inititive and the SOCOM contracts. The requirements made the EOTECH shine because of the CQB requirements and AA battery that can be sourced anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    There really is no other explanation...unless we want to believe that the people making these decisions are idiots.
    There might be other explanations. They are just such fast sights, many such users prefer them.

edit: and if you meant the purchasing decision makers as the idiots vs the user - ok point taken, but plenty of other posts above have inferred the same about the users.
    Last edited by JHC; 10-02-2015 at 06:55 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    There might be other explanations. They are just such fast sights, many such users prefer them.

edit: and if you meant the purchasing decision makers as the idiots vs the user - ok point taken, but plenty of other posts above have inferred the same about the users.
    I apologize I was not referring to the users.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Of course, that sentiment will probably change the first time I experience that spring/detent resetting.
    p
    I've experienced spring detent issues but we don't get details - swap out the sight and drive on - can you explain what is actually going on internally with this ?

I currently have one at work which doesn't hold Zero. The adjustments don't track true and were actually tracking backwards, I.e. adjust 4 clicks up and POI moves 4 clicks down instead ...,
    Last edited by HCM; 10-02-2015 at 08:26 AM.

User Tag List