Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USSOCOM Safety Message for EOTech Sights

I've never liked them. I don't like the display or the controls. They ate batteries.

We've always gotten Aimpoints for our rifles.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Sean M was surprised when (the only) two made it through the Carbine Class he and F2s put on if that tells you anything.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Unless there's another ice age, thermal drift at -40 is never going to be a problem for me.
    The max temperature isn't hot at all though, especially if you're talking about inside of a vehicle, in the desert. I just found this on the website of an air conditioner company:

Even on a beautiful 75-degree day, the temperature after 90 minutes will be over 120 degrees. If you’re in a desert heat wave and the outside temperature is 110, expect a car interior around 160 degrees.
    I'm not inclined to believe the numbers from an air conditioner company without a grain of salt, but the bottom line is 122F is easily reachable.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The max temperature isn't hot at all though, especially if you're talking about inside of a vehicle, in the desert. I just found this on the website of an air conditioner company:

I'm not inclined to believe the numbers from an air conditioner company without a grain of salt, but the bottom line is 122F is easily reachable.
    Especially with the AOs of that command, or a patrol car.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I have carried Eotech equipped M4's in neg 40 degree temps, as well as 135 temps. Outside air temps, not in a vehicle or with wind chill. These were operational uses, not training. Eotechs have had fleas from day one. Just because some people choose to overlook them, or are able to mitigate them, or are clueless about them, doesn't change that fact.
    Last edited by SLG; 09-30-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yes I've seen FredM share his status about those. I get that they have shortcomings and not everyone is a fan. But they sure have their fans.
    Concur. Might be a bit different if they had to pay for the batteries.
    #RESIST

What units even issue Eotechs besides special ninja units?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What units even issue Eotechs besides special ninja units?
    It's my understanding many military units bought them with unit discretionary funds.

EoTech also made many LE / institutional sales simply because the mount was integral to the sight and it was one less thing to source/ bid/ buy. The Aimooint PRO coming mounted from the factory as a "plug and play" soloution was aimed directly at EO techs LE sales.

Posting this for Sean M. Two crapped on him (at work) this morning.

#RESIST

Didn't crap on me because as dumb as I am...... I'm not dumb enough to use a POS optic on my gear. I'll pay a few hundred extra, out of pocket dollars for shit that works most of the time instead of gear that may or may not work some of the time.

User Tag List