Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: USSOCOM Safety Message for EOTech Sights

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    No, I'm not implying the law firm is sketchy for discharging their duties, only that I'm questioning the vagueness of their process in processing returned optics as sketchy in details. I fully beleive in their cause. I was one of the soldiers who was issued a shifting 552 in Iraq and absolutely feel Eotech/L3 acted fraudulently and put me and my comrades at risk. My M4 was zeroed in 40 degree weather and we had no idea it would be a problem leaving it sitting next to the transmission hump of an 1114 in 120 degree weather. So yeah I'm pissed at them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Futhermore I would simply advise this gentleman to at least insure his package when he mails it in. Just in case the law firm sucks at processing refunds and lose his optic or some shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Sorry, my mistake. I guess I don't see the vagueness in the process. The claim form seems pretty clear and states numerous times where the sight should be returned.
    No worries. L3 was really good about communicating the process and expectations back when I returned mine. It can be scary to put a ~$500 optic in the mail on a one way trip for some folks.

Last edited by EMC; 04-12-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Does anyone have details on returning the sight for a full refund? I completed the online form with the law firm doing the class action suit and have my E O Tech ready to ship but I don't want to ship it to the wrong address or have it signature required and not be accepted. I believe it has to be done by May 23 2017 as Tom mentioned so i want to get it out. I sent them a email request but haven't heard back from them.
    If you choose to receive a refund, you will need to ship your HWS to Foster, et al. v. L-3 Communications
    EOTech, Inc., c/o Heffler Claims Group, P.O. Box 60255, Philadelphia, PA 19102-0255.
    Before shipping,
    remove the HWS from any weapon and REMOVE and discard the batteries. DO NOT ship any weapons,
    batteries, or products other than the HWS covered by the settlement. You will be reimbursed for up
    to $15.00 for the cost of shipping.
    I submitted my claim electronically, filled out and printed the form and am inserting it in the case before shipping. Insured, signature requested, of course.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Thanks I appreciate the help. I sent mine out a week or so ago like you insured and delivery verified.

Shipped, insured, signature requested, on 04/27.
    Receipt arrived here 05/05.
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Shipped, insured, signature requested, on 04/27.
    Receipt arrived here 05/05.
    Anyone know if there's a place to check the status of your claim?
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List