Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sentinel MkIII blade + trainer + sheath - group buy

I'd be in for a single edged blade + trainer + sheath.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Aboveandbeyond, could you show a picture of how you carry it? I read 10:00, but do you pull with your left or right hand? Never carried a fixed blade knife so these are probably super-noob questions.
    Of course man! Here you go! I typically carry with the edge forward at my support side.

Here's I carry a blade rigs/tracker dan sheath with my Joe Watson magni.

Sentinel Gear MKIII.

What "could" potentially occur. Notice the
    orientation of the clip. The sheath may pivot a little with the single attachment point. Inner tube will rectify this easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I carry with the inner tube myself. Going forward the sheaths ship with some.

How many are we up to right now? Close to 15 it seems? I could potentially accept down payments and get production started with balance due on closing date.

Quote Originally Posted by SentinelGear View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated. Definitely taking a lot of this into consideration. Most specifically the hooked tang and the clip. For now I'm shipping out with some bike inner tube which helps with that problem. I might investigate adding a second hole into the clip or another option. I wanted the clips to be hardware removeable in the event of breakage or if someone preferred something like soft loops.

As far as kydex thickness. I go back and forth. Having worked with kydex a lot over the years I have found that the thinner grade loses its retention faster, and it holster making would break from time to time. I found the thicker grade stuff adds only a negligible amount of thickness for a substantial increase in durability. The same reason why I chose thicker rivets.
    Totally makes sense. The sheath is very modular in itself.

I really like the multiple options. The end user can move the clip or loop as high or as low as they want.

Awesome so far Sentinel Gear. Can't wait to see you fine tune the whole package!

Quote Originally Posted by aboveandbeyond View Post
    Totally makes sense. The sheath is very modular in itself.

I really like the multiple options. The end user can move the clip or loop as high or as low as they want.

Awesome so far Sentinel Gear. Can't wait to see you fine tune the whole package!

Thank you!

Does the trainer fit into the sheath?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Does the trainer fit into the sheath?

Thanks
    Yes it does.

Alright, some have asked about the downpayment situation. I'm not going to require it, but if enough of you make a downpayment at $80 (with balance due two days after the group buy closes) I can get started on production and get some blades out to you faster. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by SentinelGear View Post
    Yes. 1095 is an incredibly tough carbon spring steel, easy to sharpen and will stay sharp. Randalls/Esee/Kabar and many others use it, its a popular choice for survival and bushcraft knives. It's not a stainless but the blades do have black oxide coating applied.

I temper the knives for a Rockwell Hardness of about 59, finding that balance between toughness and hardness.
    Not a part of the group buy. But, would you be willing to do one in a stainless steel?

User Tag List