Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sentinel MkIII blade + trainer + sheath - group buy

Hey all

Bare with me, things are taking longer than expected, and I lost some time to moving my shop. Most should be shipping through the week however. Best way to contact me is email, if you don't hear from me with a few days please try again.

I try my best to get things out in a timely manner, but being a one man show and with literally everything being hand done, I can only really do a best guess. But things are finishing up and will be shipping definitely.
    Matt
    Last edited by SentinelGear; 11-16-2015 at 08:51 PM.
    www.sentinelconcealmentgear.com

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Been through this several times with other people. If he wont respond then unleash the locals on him.
    I've been responding and don't mean to miss an email. No need to worry. Again, I do write back. Sometimes an email gets missed.

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Well, my dumb ass missed out on the group buy...
    Me too. Looks like a solid blade at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Me too. Looks like a solid blade at a good price.
    As promised, PF has a permanent 10% discount code. PM me if interested and I can square you away.

Quote Originally Posted by SentinelGear View Post
    As promised, PF has a permanent 10% discount code. PM me if interested and I can square you away.
    Very generous of you. Thanks!

Got my order in, pix to come.

Quick question, i thought this was going to have a rat tail? Mine does not, and i did not know if i was supposed to add that to instructions.

Also the trainer wrap came apart, i assume during shipment. No bigge ill put it back in and burn the ends.

No tail on mine either.

Does it look like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SentinelGear View Post
    Attachment 4013

With hooked butt end, new blackwash finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Got my order in, pix to come.

Quick question, i thought this was going to have a rat tail? Mine does not, and i did not know if i was supposed to add that to instructions.

Also the trainer wrap came apart, i assume during shipment. No bigge ill put it back in and burn the ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    No tail on mine either.
    Last edited by UNK; 11-27-2015 at 08:56 PM.

That is how mine looks as well. When you say tail, are you referring to a portion of the tang extending past the scales, like a pommel? Only asking since a rat tail tang would be a negative compared to what is offered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    <Matthew 10:28>

I believe this will explain what they are talking about.

[QUOTE=aboveandbeyond;358767]Just got MkIII in the mail today here are some pics!

There are a few changes I would like to see.
    Enlarged "hook" on the pummel like many have asked for.
    Thinner kydex for even more lo-pro.
    Have a secondary attachment point for the sheath clip. It tends to swing a bit while I carry at the 10 o'clock position. But a 2 inch piece of inner tube will fix it.
    I would like to switch the grind to convex on both sides.
    Extend the micarta a bit more towards the edge.

These are just personal preferences of mine. This does not at all, take away from the blade! For $200, I consider this a bargain. With time, Matt's work will only get better and refined.

I will be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have!

For those that were curious about the size in comparison to the Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Sadmin View Post
    That is how mine looks as well. When you say tail, are you referring to a portion of the tang extending past the scales, like a pommel? Only asking since a rat tail tang would be a negative compared to what is offered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List