Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Sentinel MkIII blade + trainer + sheath - group buy

I received my blade today. Overall, I'm happy with it. It is very slim and easily concealed, palmed, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    I received my blade today. Overall, I'm happy with it. It is very slim and easily concealed, palmed, etc...
    Now I know I'm not gonna like it...:-)

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Now I know I'm not gonna like it...:-)
    There is no subhilt 😜

Just took mine out of the mail box. Quite a bit of rust on the blade and the sheath clip already. I'm no knife expert but it seems roughly made and is covered in scratches and took marks. Overall I'm underwhelmed. I ordered one on a whim after reading the thread, so I had fairly low expectations. I'll try to post some pics if I can figure it out.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  61.3 KB

Views: 239
Size:  28.2 KB

Views: 248
Size:  39.0 KB

Last two are after clean up. I need to play with it a bit to develop an opinion on the utility.

Views: 246
Size:  38.5 KB

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Yikes. I would personally just send that back and request a refund.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    This. I'm sure he'll make it right. Sometimes stuff gets through that shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Refund? I'm confused. I thought the purpose of our shared hobbies was to frivolously throw away money chasing the next best thing?
    I know there is a giant box of gear marked "lessons learned" in my bat cave.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    This. I'm sure he'll make it right. Sometimes stuff gets through that shouldn't.
    Yes sir. I'm sure. Just posting to compare with the groups experience.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I know there is a giant box of gear marked "lessons learned" in my bat cave.
    Yup. Just more "experience". Was expecting a bit more of a "finished" blade myself, not to mention something other than a chisel grind, though I suppose it doesn't much matter for an item intended solely for defense.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List