Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When shooting a zombie on Fear the Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    The tension over the crazy normalcy bias while the world ends is part of the plot. Moments like "I don't like guns" while the dead rise and try to eat your kid's face is meant to get the audience into a pent-up tension. It's how they make the show different from the original WD.

I'm looking forward to the moment they decide for the SHTF and all hell breaks loose.

We've definitely seen how a heroin addict, emo teenager and anti-gun sensitive guy are entirely unhelpful companions during zombie apocalypse.
    Agreed on all points. I'm waiting for the addict to either get cleaned up or die. It has to be one or the other pretty soon now, I think. I did laugh at the line where his companion in the cage said something to the effect of "Don't sell yourself short; you're a heroin addict. That's the gold standard."
    Last edited by olstyn; 09-29-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    I think that's the whole idea. The writers are letting us watch the transformation from LA liberal school teacher to hard ass survivor. There's a little more drama in watching that than watching Mr. White realize the zombie apocalypse is upon him and clearing out a county in 45 minutes (although that would be cool).

"Hey that dude just took 76 rounds from those cops and is eating one of them. I better head for home and grab some spare mags if I'm going to have this done before supper!"

Of course on that side of things I'm up for a good shoot 'em up!
    https://youtu.be/l65kXubSkBc
    While I see the irony, I dont believe its their specific goal to bring liberal failures to the forefront of television. Its entertainment after all.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 09-30-2015 at 06:49 AM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

This series is circling the drain for me. Just dreary and poorly written.

I might cheer when/if the heroin addict dies. I was just listening to the Joe Rogan podcast with Dr. Carl Hart and Dr Hart went into detail on how overplayed and downright wrong, Hollywood's portrayal of withdrawal actually is.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This series is circling the drain for me. Just dreary and poorly written.

I might cheer when/if the heroin addict dies. I was just listening to the Joe Rogan podcast with Dr. Carl Hart and Dr Hart went into detail on how overplayed and downright wrong, Hollywood's portrayal of withdrawal actually is.
    Of course its wrong, its hollywood. Life is boring and plain, they have to spice it up.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I'm rooting for the zombies in this series.
    Boom! Glad I am not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    I think that's the whole idea. The writers are letting us watch the transformation from LA liberal school teacher to hard ass survivor.
    I think you're right. At least, I HOPE you're right, because otherwise this one is indeed circling the drain.

I too love/hate the addict kid. But you watch... they're gonna turn him into another Darryl. The huckster black dude's character has a lot of promise too...

What a hoot; we're actually discussing this on an adult-level gun board. NEVER would I have ever imagined I would be the slightest bit interested in a zombie movie or TV show. But there it is. Yeah, the weak gun stuff is annoying, although they have gotten a bit better; who can forget Herschel's recoilless, 37-round-capacity 870???

I hope this week's events will finally get the show into the next gear. Now that he learned about Cobalt, Mr. Sensitive needs to either man up or get turned into Liberal Tartar for the zombies.

I'm actually enjoying the series so far, it's much more enjoyable than Walking Dead was at the start. Watching the limp wrist liberal learn that his ways aren't going to work is proving to be fun, I was totally looking forward to the scope bite he was going to get. Sadly they dropped the ball with the soldier not getting one for taking the shot.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Things got real on the season premiere last night. Lots of action and zombies!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

If the show doesn't get better quick I'm going to be done with it.
    Last edited by Gary1911A1; 10-05-2015 at 03:34 PM.

User Tag List