Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby's first smithing tools

Site Supporter
    All good info above. The brownells armorers kits are primarily aimed at / purchased by agency customers who want a one and done solution. It is much easier to fill out one purchase request for an armorer kit rather than filling out a dozen requests for the individual components, likely from different vendors. While that may seem a little lazy, buying one kit from Brownell's also ensures I get the correct items. Mission support and purchasing people will sometimes get creative and procure some interesting things that only vaguely resemble the items requested. Parts is parts, "just as good as"or my personal favorite ,"the pictures look alike".
    Last edited by HCM; 09-29-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Luckily, I am a native spanish speaker so that video will be useful.

The key things I need to do is remove the extractor to clean underneath it, replace the firing pin return spring, extractor spring, trigger return spring and remove the right side safety lever.
    You just need a pin punch set and some basic tools.

I started with a Glock Punch, and worked by way up from there.

Things I use most often
    Glock Punch (honestly it is my go to punch, and I have a bin full of punches, as it will move any pin that will move under hand pressure)
    Brownells Magnatip Set (started with the NRA set, added SAE Hex, Metric Hex, Torx, and some various other bits as needed) - one I use often has a flat head that I cut a notch so I can push springs around.
    Harbor Freight Pick Set
    #0 Swiss File
    16 oz ball peen hammer (I choke up for fine work, choke down when I need more force)
    Craftsman plastic/rubber hammer
    1/8" screwdriver (mostly as a lever to push stuff around)

The Magnatip set is great for assembling Ikea furniture. Particularly with the ratcheting T-handle driver.
    Last edited by PPGMD; 10-07-2015 at 10:39 PM.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Wheeler hammer and punch set
    Various screwdriver bits (flathead, phillips, hex, and torx) for grip screws
    A roll of duct tape for use as a bench block
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List