Thread: 300blk AR Accuracy. What's possible?

300blk AR Accuracy. What's possible?

Since the subject of sub-MOA has been recently discussed, I'm wondering if anyone has input on accuracy expectations from current 300blk barrel offerings? By any standards in LL's thread, has anyone achieved sub-MOA with 300blk in an AR? Factory ammo, home brew or both? For barrels, is Noveske the best answer? I've seen a lot of people, internet noise, claiming great results from Wilson Combat and Rainier barrels. Thoughts? Are there others I should be looking at?

Purpose: 1) Hog and Deer hunting in the Southeast, mostly FL, and a desire to waste time shooting small groups in between. 2) Quietly eradicate the song dogs that torment our cats. 3) Opossum control.

Goal: Get the most accuracy out of a 16" 300blk suppressed AR with both super and sub-sonic ammunition.

Notes: I will be converting an unused BCM (16" BFH LW Middy) carbine taking up room in my safe. I have an SiCo Omega in NFA jail but have no desire to SBR a lower at this time. I'll be using ATVs/trucks for hogs and fixed positions (stands/blinds) for deer and coyotes, so weight is not a concern. I have a spare 12" Centurion C4 and plan on taking it to Ayan at boltcarrier.com for the work.

This is a Sean M question. I hope he has the time to chime in.

Are you going to reload?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This is a Sean M question. I hope he has the time to chime in.

Are you going to reload?
    I have not to this point, but the answer is yes, with the help of some friends it is my intention to start reloading 300blk from my piles of .223 brass.

Never mind. I was wrong
    Last edited by Luke; 09-29-2015 at 10:09 AM.

18gr 4227, wolf primers and speer TNT 125gr projectiles should do the trick. Shoots very well out of my AAC 9.5" pistol upper and holds 1.5-2 moa with my crap shooting skills.

The TNT are great little flat base round which 300blk prefers, the Barnes 110gr black tip is another to look into.

For loaded factory ammo I have had good results with "hog hammer" by Remington loaded with 130gr Barnes projectiles.

*********ETA: I would default to anything SeanM has to say on this caliber.*******

If you're a BCM fan, BCM is coming out with their own line of .300 BO. Pat Rogers has already gotten a pre-production sample.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    18gr 4227, wolf primers and speer TNT 125gr projectiles should do the trick. Shoots very well out of my AAC 9.5" pistol upper and holds 1.5-2 moa with my crap shooting skills.

The TNT are great little flat base round which 300blk prefers, the Barnes 110gr black tip is another to look into.

For loaded factory ammo I have had good results with "hog hammer" by Remington loaded with 130gr Barnes projectiles.

*********ETA: I would default to anything SeanM has to say on this caliber.*******
    Thanks SL, I'll put it all down in the logbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    If you're a BCM fan, BCM is coming out with their own line of .300 BO. Pat Rogers has already gotten a pre-production sample.
    I like BCM, and I read about Pat and Kyle Defoor's samples. My fear is waiting without any sort of estimated production dates. Like other things I've waited a long time for, will they be out Soon™? That, and I haven't seen any word on a SS offering. All my current 5.56 AR's (KAC, Noveske, and BCM) are CHF carbon, and I'm thinking a SS barrel for this one based on its purpose.

Kyle Defoor has been showing BCM Blk uppers as well. I'm eagerly waiting but I haven't heard any ETA aside from :Fall '15, so hopefully before SHOT...
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Well, the .300 BO barrels are at least on the BCM webshop, though obviously still OOS: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/300-b...rels-s/206.htm
    That's cool, glad to see them moving forward. After much reading, I'm still leaning towards Noveske or Wilson 16" for my stated purposes. I'm sure I'll Form 1 a lower soon, and then I'll look harder at BCM's 9" barrels.

User Tag List