Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealing a Fixed-Blade Knife

Concealing a Fixed-Blade Knife

So I've been perusing the CCW Straight Knives thread a little bit. Looking at the blades that some of y'all are carrying, I can't help but wonder, how in the world are you keeping these things concealed?

My style of dress is pretty standard for my business and area - polo shirt and khakis when it's hot, dress shirt and snacks when it's cooler, shirt always tucked in, jacket rarely or never. I can't come up with any realistic way to conceal even a small fixed blade in that kind of getup. Certainly not a way that would allow faster access than a folder in a pocket.

So what's the secret? Or do business-casual types just not carry fixed blades?
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

For "business casual" dress I will second Tom's opinion on the Pocket Shield. It is a handy little bastard and I need to break down and get about three more so I can have "fixed" set ups.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I hate to be a spammy bastard but these things work pretty well.

Last edited by orionz06; 09-28-2015 at 04:39 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    So I've been perusing the CCW Straight Knives thread a little bit. Looking at the blades that some of y'all are carrying, I can't help but wonder, how in the world are you keeping these things concealed?

My style of dress is pretty standard for my business and area - polo shirt and khakis when it's hot, dress shirt and snacks when it's cooler, shirt always tucked in, jacket rarely or never. I can't come up with any realistic way to conceal even a small fixed blade in that kind of getup. Certainly not a way that would allow faster access than a folder in a pocket.

So what's the secret? Or do business-casual types just not carry fixed blades?

When I am dressed for work or going to a nicer function and shirts need to be tucked, and the weather is too warm for some kind of covering garment, I go with the Pocket Shield.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Theres a few ways to pocket carry a blade and you can always "tuck" a blade if its small enough but that requires two motions to deploy.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have a pocket sleeve for an ESEE Uzula front Dark Star I use a lot when dress gets fancy. Sheath flicks off by the thumb just right.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Name:  gryphon.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  52.4 KB

....Inexpensive option (IWB)
    Last edited by dgg9; 09-28-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    I use a pocket shield that holds a Watson Pikal and a 19 reload for most stuff. Up to 7.5 inch or 8 inch knife will fit my Arborwear pants.

I also have a few tuck able IWB knife holsters made by Dale Fricke which work well at 4 or 9 o'clock.

I see no reason to ever buy another folding knife.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 09-28-2015 at 11:12 PM.

I'm checking out the Pocket Shield. Thanks, dudes.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Here's how I carry my CP. Pretty slick, but not tuckable....but I am not a tucking kind of guy.

Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List