Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Insurance for Conceal Carrier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Hands down CCWSAFE!! They are the only company to have successfully defend against a murder charge on a member. I know several of the employees and they are as good as you can get!!

Full discloser I am a affiliate with them, and you can sign up on my website below. having said that even if I wasn't Id still recommend them.
    Source, because that looks like bad info.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I'm fairly certain it's BS or at the very least "creative marketing" based on technicalities and obscuring half-truths.

Even my agency had someone charged with murder II (we don't get into a lot of domestic shootings) and I'm fairly certain he was covered by FEDS, as I attended a benefit dinner for his defense.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-02-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm fairly certain it's BS or at the very least "creative marketing" based on technicalities and obscuring half-truths.

Even my agency had someone charged with murder II (we don't get into a lot of domestic shootings) and I'm fairly certain he was covered by FEDS, as I attended a benefit dinner for his defense.
    On duty? Off-duty? Self defense?

And with my prior FEDS policy, if I were to face a criminal trial which exceeded $50 K in legal costs, (what trial doesn't?), I'd need a slew of benefit dinners and a gofundme page.

Now you know why I switched:

HR218 LEOSA Insurance for Retired FEDS
    The Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) of 2004 and the LEOSA Improvement Act of 2010 allow you to protect yourself, your family, and others from criminals and terrorists; however, they do not protect you from potential civil and criminal liability exposure.

FEDS Protection worked with attorneys whose expertise and years of experience in LEOSA-related casework helped us craft a plan tailor-made for former federal law enforcement officers. We added CCW protection to the LEOSA/ HR-218 insurance policy to give you a layer of protection against state criminal charges for unlawful possession of a loaded firearm. Though the majority of officers are released of all charges in these cases, they are still responsible for defense costs, which may quickly add up.

Coverage

The FEDS LEOSA/CCW Personal Liability Insurance policy pays for legal defense and indemnification for civil suits resulting from a lawful act under LEOSA. The policy also provides criminal defense costs resulting from a criminal action involving a self-defense related incident and criminal defense against state charges of unlawful carriage of a firearm or federally legal ammunition when lawfully carrying under LEOSA or CCW. FEDS offers:
    Options of $100,000 and $250,000 limits of civil liability coverage for bodily injury or property damage caused by a lawful act under the LEOSA or CCW laws or an act of self-defense, including the defense of spouse and legal dependents.
    $50,000 for criminal defense costs resulting from an alleged criminal action involving a self-defense (or spouse/legal dependent defense) related incident.
    $25,000 for criminal defense against state charges of unlawful carriage of a firearm or federally legal ammunition when lawfully carrying under LEOSA or a CCW.

Limits of Liability & Annual Premium

$250,000/$50,000/$25,000 for $400 + SL tax
    $100,000/$50,000/$25,000 for $300 + SL tax
    Last edited by blues; 12-02-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    How does that play in states which grant civil immunity to people who are not found criminally liable in a self defense shooting?
    I'm 99% sure you aren't a lawyer, and neither am I - but you should really consider the case of Varg Freeborn of Youngstown, OH and what he went through after a self defense case where his assailant admitted literally hunting Varg down. I have no faith in the courts to do anything in my favor from the get go, might be wise to do the same.

Rather than trying to figure out a way to pay everybody, it may be time to consider a sound asset protection plan. In conjunction with an appropriate umbrella policy, it might be helpful.

Mileage differs.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I'm 99% sure you aren't a lawyer, and neither am I - but you should really consider the case of Varg Freeborn of Youngstown, OH and what he went through after a self defense case where his assailant admitted literally hunting Varg down. I have no faith in the courts to do anything in my favor from the get go, might be wise to do the same.
    My state has indemnification for civil liability in cases where it is determined that the defensive action was justified.

Guess what? I still opted to have liability coverage. I didn't work my whole life to risk throwing it all out the window for the annual cost of coverage.
    And what about if I were traveling out of state when the event arose? I'll happily spend a few hundred to know that all of my legal costs, and up to a million in civil judgments are covered...plus up to a million for bond.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    On duty? Off-duty? Self defense?
    Off-duty, defense of another resulting in lethal defense of self when the subject tried to disarm him.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Off-duty, defense of another resulting in lethal defense of self when the subject tried to disarm him.
    Okay, so if that happened to me, FEDS would have covered me for up to $50K. Really? Good luck getting a good legal team, investigators, expert witnesses etc without having to reach deep into my own pocket. Even if you win, you lose.

Hell, you lose no matter what. The psychic cost alone...

Site Supporter
    My union just switched over to what amounts to prepaid legal. IIRC the same coverage was available through the FOP, but as an add on expense, not covered by dues. I am told the attorneys are good. I also know a decent local attorney who has a good track record with cops, and likes to see his name in the news. I think I may continue my FOP membership out of my pocket as a suppliment, and as my net worth shifts as I get closer to retirement bankrupcy is less and less attractive, so supplimental insurance is gaining in importance.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Nope its not... and they did more for him than I can talk about.. just gonna have to trust me on that.

There are several write ups and podcasts with Stephen. feel free to research them, but here are a few.

https://ccwsafe.com/blog/the-stephen...one-year-later

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4IZY9yBdjTte3E
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List