Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance for Conceal Carrier ?

There's two distinct issues at play here:

1. Payment insurance to finance a criminal defense attorney

2. Liability insurance to defend and indemnify against civil action

I asked my buddies who are currently carrying and just a few have umbrella insurance and thats about it. Most have nothing else.
    As my understanding umbrella is liability insurance and will not cover any legal fees from criminal/civil defense?

Quote Originally Posted by splittime View Post
    I asked my buddies who are currently carrying and just a few have umbrella insurance and thats about it. Most have nothing else.
    As my understanding umbrella is liability insurance and will not cover any legal fees from criminal/civil defense?
    Umbrella policies will not cover legal fees for a criminal attorney

Umbrella policies most likely will cover attorney fees in a civil action defense. However, MOST umbrellas will NOT cover you against civil damages if you kill or injure someone as a deliberate act of self defense.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    How does that play in states which grant civil immunity to people who are not found criminally liable in a self defense shooting?
    The state's ability to restrict lawsuits is not absolute, so that's a good question for an attorney based on your own state and own specific set of facts. The person you meant so shoot may be restricted from suing you, but what about bystanders? If you miss and hit an innocent, you can be fine criminally if you weren't reckless about it, but can that person not sue you as they weren't involved in criminal activity and your shooting of them was not self defense? Can family members be restricted from suing you for loss of income if you shoot their bread winner? If you damage someone's car, home, or business during the self defense shooting? The answers are likely to vary from state to state, incident to incident.

Andrew Branca Podcast on self defense insurance.

TL; DR. It's been a while since I've listened to this episode but I seem to recall that his favorite product is Marty Hayes' program.
    Last edited by David S.; 10-02-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    David S.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Everybody always pictures themselves getting in a "righteous shoot".
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

They have coverage from 300 k to 1.1 million. The web site is USCCA.com there is too much to repost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you consider the number of people with concealed carry permits, and the huge potential market that exists, it's no wonder that enterprising businessmen have stepped up to the plate (to make some money). Currently, ACLDN has about 9700 members. ACLDN has paid the attorney fees for about twelve of their members and are prepared to do it again; for them, it's not about the money.

http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/inde...7-buyers-guide

Curious as to opinions about LegalShield.

Bumping this thread. Had a USPSA buddy ask me about this kind of insurance yesterday, and realized I was clueless. Not sure how options have changed since 2015, when this thread was active.

Thoughts?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List