Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance for Conceal Carrier ?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    IMO, if I had to choose between insurance and taking a good class on when it's legal to use what level of force in my locale, I'll choose reducing my liability exposure by increasing my skills rather than by tossing away money on a lottery I'm hoping to never win.
    I won't disagree, but just point out that they aren't mutually exclusive. Getting sued sucks. Even when you have city legal and FOP, it sucks. First hand, it sucks a lot. It's stressful and it takes a long time to resolve. Not having resources to pay for your representation and to insure against loss would make it suck even more.

I can't imagine being this guy, and not having that backing. http://fox59.com/2012/12/20/security...uld-be-robber/

You need to work on your interpersonal skills a bit more.
    At some point bullshit needs to be called out for what it is, loud and clear. The guy wants to know about ways to finance legal help, NOT your training advice.

IMO, if I had to choose between insurance and taking a good class on when it's legal to use what level of force in my locale, I'll choose reducing my liability exposure by increasing my skills rather than by tossing away money on a lottery I'm hoping to never win.
    The problem with this is that we can have 100% accuracy and be completely in the right, render aid after the shooting, and still go to criminal or civil court.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The problem with this is that we can have 100% accuracy and be completely in the right, render aid after the shooting, and still go to criminal or civil court.
    Exactly. Read the article I posted the link to. The guy was sued by his co-worker, not even the suspect.

I asked a fellow shooter who is a master class USPSA shooter but the reason that I also asked him is that he is a trial attorney. He told me that I should give HIM lots of money to be on retainer, then I would be OK. Then he laughed and said not to waste my money on any of those so called insurance policies. He said that I should have a trial attorney that specializes in citizen and police shootings in my phone so that if I need an attorney, I don't have to figure out which one to get when I need it but well before that.

He also suggested that learn more about the law and After Action shooting protocols. Official cover your but statement: I'm not giving any legal advice here, just verbalizing my own opinion.

For me I looked into the NRA one, I'm an NRA recruiter; I looked into Marty Haze? organization and the other one. I kept my money in my pocket.

Note: I also called my insurance company and my agent told me that American Family insurance would offer me no such coverage. When I asked about an umbrella policy, he said that wouldn't do me any good either. I wanted some more insurance as a firearms trainer and so I asked about the umbrella policy there, they called the underwriters directly and they wanted nothing to do with it in any way.

Good luck to you finding a solution that will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    I asked a fellow shooter who is a master class USPSA shooter but the reason that I also asked him is that he is a trial attorney. He told me that I should give HIM lots of money to be on retainer, then I would be OK. Then he laughed and said not to waste my money on any of those so called insurance policies. He said that I should have a trial attorney that specializes in citizen and police shootings in my phone so that if I need an attorney, I don't have to figure out which one to get when I need it but well before that.
    This topic of insurance comes up about once a year or so. As I recall, this generally seems to jive with the recommendations I've read here in the past.
    David S.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I can't imagine being this guy, and not having that backing. http://fox59.com/2012/12/20/security...uld-be-robber/
    Guy I work with just got out from under a suit from his coworker at a previous job. Seems that the act of using his 10mm to shoot the robber that had taken them both at gunpoint hurt his coworker's ears.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Exactly. Read the article I posted the link to. The guy was sued by his co-worker, not even the suspect.
    All the more reason to live by the adage: "not my monkeys, not my circus"

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Guy I work with just got out from under a suit from his coworker at a previous job. Seems that the act of using his 10mm to shoot the robber that had taken them both at gunpoint hurt his coworker's ears.
    People like that should be horse whipped in the town square.
    3/15/2016

USCCA has a good policy just for CCW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List