Thread: Hey Old Guys! What's this holster???

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Hey Old Guys! What's this holster???

This is what my 1919 Colt Police Positive came in. I assume it's not a 1919 holster. I have no idea what it is, though, and if a part is missing. I suppose the leather piece in the back could be used like a very small paddle holster, but is that really how it's designed to work, or ???

IIRC that is basically a paddle holster set up to be cross draw, cross draw being a popular thing way back in the day. That one is before my time though, so I may be off base.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

It looks like a Brauer break front cross draw holster. A vertical U shaped spring provides tension and seems to have a screw tension adjuster.
    This is kind of like a vertical shoulder holster that mounts on a belt.
    Bianchi used to make one back in the 1970 that had belt loops. I had one for a .44Mag Super Blackhawk 7.5''
    I haven't seen any Brauer holsters in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    IIRC that is basically a paddle holster set up to be cross draw, cross draw being a popular thing way back in the day. That one is before my time though, so I may be off base.
    I think that's exactly right. I've had one or two of them around over the years; found in discount bins here and there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You have it right. I have one in my "holster box" - it might have been the first piece of gun leather I ever bought.

User Tag List