Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Old School Revolver Cop Question

Berns-Martin front break was early and had a covered trigger guard. Revolver could not be pulled out except to the front.
    Bianchi later (1970s) made several duty holsters based on that design.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Berns-Martin front break was early and had a covered trigger guard. Revolver could not be pulled out except to the front.
    Bianchi later (1970s) made several duty holsters based on that design.
    And the Tex Shoemaker and Hoyt Holsters, which were much more secure. All the cool kids wore Hoyt's!

Going back to the finger on the revolver trigger I remember a story from a nearby department. A reporter was interviewing a deputy chief about whatever, maybe the shift from revolvers to autos. So the DC decides show and tell is in order. He whips out his .38 and NDs a round.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Remember the "security" holster where the user had to put trigger finger in the trigger guard in firing position to hit the holster release button ? I think it was a clamshell.

Remember the "security" holster where the user had to put trigger finger in the trigger guard in firing position to hit the holster release button ? I think it was a clamshell.
    I didn't know anyone that used one but I remember them.

ETA: After stuff like this, we had nowhere to go but UP! ;^)

The Bianchi "Judge" was usable holster but I had a Tex Shoemaker clamshell design that was an atrocity. It was designed to "rock" the gun out through the front by putting downward pressure on the back-strap. It made for some interesting presentations to say the least.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 10-02-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I would like to beat anyone carrying one....especially the swivels. I remember being in a fight with a couple gang members, and I remember thinking how I was unhappy I was about the muzzle of one of our guys guns kept ending up pointed at me while it was freewheeling around while he was on the ground fighting with one of the guys. They look cool......until you go to the ground.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

1989, front break clamshell. Carried a revolver for about 5-6 years. We had finger low outside of trigger guard off trigger.

You mean SERPA? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    You mean SERPA? lol
    No, he's talking about the old clamshells, that "sprung open" completely when that button was pushed. My old LAPD bud, who retired in 1985, was wearing one of those in four of the five gunfights he was in (and won).

The Serpa is a whole other iteration of suck; but there are people who can demonstrate skilled usage of them, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    You mean SERPA? lol
    No, much earlier and probably sucked even worse.

User Tag List