Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a 870

I've had the same pieces of velcro (that's real 3m velcro) on my work gun for the last 3 years and it's still doing fine. It's gets heated to 130 in the summer, frozen in the winter, bounced around in gun racks, goes to the range a couple times a month, etc. The only people that I'm aware having problems with velcro are using it on painted finishes. I run a piece on the side of the receiver and one on the stock. I keep a 5 round shell strip on the gun, usually it's on the receiver, but if I get a car with a Big Sky rack I moved it to the stock.

I've had a lot fewer problems with velcro than I had with the self destructing tacstar/wilson side saddles and the rubber tubes in Mesa saddles that would eventually give out.

Site Supporter
    I've been using these : http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...tshell-plates/

I've been using them about 3 years on my duty shotgun. Far better than the Tac star side saddles. The Velcro and glue have survived three Texas summers in a vehicle gun box.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I've had the same pieces of velcro (that's real 3m velcro) on my work gun for the last 3 years and it's still doing fine. It's gets heated to 130 in the summer, frozen in the winter, bounced around in gun racks, goes to the range a couple times a month, etc. The only people that I'm aware having problems with velcro are using it on painted finishes. I run a piece on the side of the receiver and one on the stock. I keep a 5 round shell strip on the gun, usually it's on the receiver, but if I get a car with a Big Sky rack I moved it to the stock.

I've had a lot fewer problems with velcro than I had with the self destructing tacstar/wilson side saddles and the rubber tubes in Mesa saddles that would eventually give out.
    Interesting. That's exactly the kind of use I was talking about.

Guess I need to get out more…

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I've been using these : http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...tshell-plates/

I've been using them about 3 years on my duty shotgun. Far better than the Tac star side saddles. The Velcro and glue have survived three Texas summers in a vehicle gun box.
    That's actually what I have too. Wasn't sure if they were still making them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Interesting. That's exactly the kind of use I was talking about.

Guess I need to get out more…

I know the feeling. Sometimes I start reading about what is "needed" for duty/HD guns and wonder what decade I got left behind in.

Here my twins, the duty gun is on the right and the HD/BUG on the left. Nothing fancy (well super fancy compared to what available from the patrol armory), just something that's quick into action and good enough for most situations. I do agree with you on the don't make it too fancy part.

Last edited by pablo; 10-06-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Sometimes I start reading about what is "needed" for duty/HD guns and wonder what decade I got left behind in.
    Exactly.

Do you shoot off of your left shoulder?

Do you shoot off of your left shoulder?
    I do a lot of it on the range, which is why I try to run the side saddle on the receiver. I think it has a lot of value as a training tool for getting out of comfort zones. Running a shotgun on the offside is awkward and the pump just makes it worse. I don't think it has much tactical value because I shoot so much better on the strong side.

Last edited by pablo; 10-07-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Okay; just wondering why your white light is on the right side of the gun. How do you work the switch when shooting from your right shoulder?

Okay; just wondering why your white light is on the right side of the gun. How do you work the switch when shooting from your right shoulder?

I'm not pablo but you could reach under the foregrip and toggle the switch, I believe the TLR is press in for light. It would take some practice but it is probably the best set up to avoid light NDs

User Tag List