Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a 870

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    I never realized that LHS was you!
    An old gamer tag from the days when anonymity still meant something

Does anyone have experience with lancer carbon fiber mag tube extensions. It seems like a good way to keep the front end from being as heavy. Are they duty grade or just for competition use. My application is home defense.

https://lancer-systems.com/awc/product/remington/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For home defense I'm partial to a bead sight, velcro shell holders and a light attached. I also run low recoil buckshot, no birdshot or slugs. If you can find a Mossberg with the surefire foreend already on you'll save money. Magpul foreends also offer easy light attachments.
    Last edited by Sammy1; 06-14-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    I like +1 extensions. Rem makes a 12 ga synthetic youth stock that’s 1 inch shorter than standard. I’ve been drinking 870 Kool Aid since before many here were born. But before I spent a ton of money on an 870, I would buy a
    Beretta 1301, put a light on it, and not look back. If you do buy an 870, consider not hanging so much shit on it that the result resembles a Christmas tree.Then a once agile shotgun becomes clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by John91 View Post
    Does anyone have experience with lancer carbon fiber mag tube extensions. It seems like a good way to keep the front end from being as heavy. Are they duty grade or just for competition use. My application is home defense.

https://lancer-systems.com/awc/product/remington/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They look nice. You should buy one and do a review on it after you run it through its paces. 😎
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I like +1 extensions. Rem makes a 12 ga synthetic youth stock that’s 1 inch shorter than standard. I’ve been drinking 870 Kool Aid since before many here were born. But before I spent a ton of money on an 870, I would buy a
    Beretta 1301, put a light on it, and not look back. If you do buy an 870, consider not hanging so much shit on it that the result resembles a Christmas tree.Then a once agile shotgun becomes clumsy.
    I replaced a factory +2 extension with a Wilson +1, and the improvement in how nimble the gun feels was dramatic.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Seems better to necro this thread than to start a new one.

A friend and fellow shotgun enthusiast asked me to check the PF hive mind with a Surefire question and going through this thread, I stumbled across some references to what he's asking, but I still don't know that I've found any answers for him. His text reads:

"There's an upgrade for Surefire forends, basically the whole battery tube and light head that unscrews to be swapped out with to a newer, higher lumen LED bulb. Still uses 2, CR123 batteries, but with a much brighter and more modern light. They ain't cheap, pretty sure Surefire sells one for a couple hundred bucks, 99% sure I read of an aftermarket version that's equally tits and cheaper. Can you ask on PF for me?"

So there, I've asked.

Malkoff Devices has the replacement LED modules at https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio...orend-upgrades and I use the two-cell version with great results.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'd buy the Malkoff, personally.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I finally got around to spray painting the orange Surefire forend that came on my police trade-in 870, which had been set up as less-lethal. Now I get to spend some more money on it...

User Tag List