Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a 870

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Blues I'm just a lowly civie, not even in the league w/ the likes of Doc House, very much why I've trained over the years & continue to w/ cats like DB, Wayne & another nearby fella named Paul.

Now Bigghoss said above that the MP stock "is the tits" so for now I'll let that be my summation of said stock.
    How do those stocks compare weight wise to the stock Remington wood/synthetic stock? Are you running lights on all of those guns? What are you running if you are?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    How do those stocks compare weight wise to the stock Remington wood/synthetic stock? Are you running lights on all of those guns? What are you running if you are?
    Weight wise, subjectively the Magpul felt about the same as a wood OEM Remington stock. They're definitely a bit heavier than the OEM synthetics.

I run a Surefire 618 on mine. I do not use a magazine extension to keep weight down out front, though I'm considering a +1.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    UNK can't comment on the weight factor as both 870's came OEM from Han's shop, neither was wood, both syn & then I started dicking w/ 'em.

Re. lights I used to run a SF EAG P2X Fury (500lmn CR123 X2)w/ a clickie TC, think the mounts may still be visible. When I bought the black VCS 870, I swapped the P2X to it (camo'd into safe) as the black one was a game & bedroom gun. Sold the P2X for a P3X (HH usage) & replaced it w/ a SF 6PX Defender (OEM w/ clickie) when Wal Mexico had 'em on close out here. Last yr. I put the black 870 in the safe (camo's FS) when I bought the 1301T for gaming (which is no mas now ) & swapped the SF lite to it for bump in the nite duty & traveling.

Long ago my neighbor Paul taught me consistency was my friend thus I run clickie TCs on my SBRs & SGs. To be clear, nothing against the SF forends that Serious uses, actually owned 'em both but besides not having clickie TCs, I didn't like the weight or ergonomics on my 18" guns w/ the full length mag extensions.

HTH & sorry 'bout all the verbiage.

If only there was a shotgun class sometime next month, where someone could come and experiment with lots of different firearms and get expert instruction........

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    If only there was a shotgun class sometime next month, where someone could come and experiment with lots of different firearms and get expert instruction........
    Well I/we do know a couple of melon heads that do hang out @ DPC occasionally, perhaps they could be persuaded to start offering a SG class like you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Well I/we do know a couple of melon heads that do hang out @ DPC occasionally, perhaps they could be persuaded to start offering a SG class like you describe.
    Yes, like this one:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....27-2017-Dallas

Site Supporter
    Any specific recommendations for a good mag clamp with rail for my 870 with Wilson Combat mag tube extension? I'm wanting to finally add a light.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Any specific recommendations for a good mag clamp with rail for my 870 with Wilson Combat mag tube extension? I'm wanting to finally add a light.
    The CDM Mod C was recommended earlier but the pics are no longer available. It illuminated the front sight nicely. http://www.cdmgear.com/lightmounts.html
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    For whatever it's worth, I ended up going with the DSF at $240 like new. Getting the gun + all my parts in on Tuesday. Only thing left is the magpul SGA but after spending all that money I'll use the $25 youth stock for the time being I'll definitely be buying one down the line.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    RS Regulate makes a barrel clamp with rail that will fit on the 870, known as the model BM-12. I have used this to attach a light, and it seems to work pretty well:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List