Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a 870

I have never seen a zero issue with any sights on a SG due to barrel removal. Certainly not with good Ghost rings.

Also can highly recommend a T1/2 on top of the gun. It is to Ghost Ring sights as Ghost rings are to a bead, only 10 times more so.

Any issue using an H1 over a T1?

When running optics, are there issues with comb height such that running a cheek riser is required?

Wilson's cheapest 870 has an $1135 msrp. How do they compare vs something you put together yourself? Will the price even out or are the Wilson's more expensive and not worth the coin?

I haven't seen any meaningful changes in zero by removing and installing the barrel. I've seen changing the tightness and position of magazine clamps can do all sorts of wonky things to zero and group size. One of the reasons that I like the Nordic extension is that I can get things tuned up and still have access to the magazine tube.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Wilson's cheapest 870 has an $1135 msrp. How do they compare vs something you put together yourself? Will the price even out or are the Wilson's more expensive and not worth the coin?
    From a unemotional economic perspective they are not worth it. It's still just an 870 at the end of the day. If that 's what makes you happy I certainly think there are much worse gun purchases out there.
    Last edited by pablo; 04-08-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks everyone.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Hi Risk Customer Services
    NewYork weren't you previously the owner of a pretty trick Nighthawk 870?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Any issue using an H1 over a T1?

When running optics, are there issues with comb height such that running a cheek riser is required?
    A correction to my prior post, one of my AP's is a T1, the other an H1 & zero difference IMO but not using NODs so there is that.

Re. the comb height/cheek riser question, I have both of my VCS 870's set up w/ MP stocks but no issues re. height/rise.

I was. It was a boat anchor. Worked well. Tamed recoil. Too damn heavy.

I'm using a T1 on an 870 and found the adjustable cheek comb height on Magpul's stock very useful for dialing in the best height for ease of use and comfort.

Some skateboard tape, heavy clippers, and patience and the Magpul forend is nice and grippy.

Name:  Magpul 870P.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  68.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Edster; 04-24-2016 at 09:42 PM.

User Tag List