Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a 870

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Blues wish you were local or I was traveling near your AO, as I'd gladly let you run one of my VCS 870's, both of which have MP stocks.

As much as I think Han's 870 upgrades are the cat's ass, IMO the addition of the MP stocks ranks right up there w/ his mods. but YMMV applies here as always.

That said, I'm really looking forward to Adam releasing his adapter later this Fall (?) so I can add an MP stock to my 1301T & call it good. Hate it though as it may not be available in time for my next SG tuneup w/ DB & Wayne but 1st world problems & what not as always.
    That's how strongly you feel about the magpul stock? Why, if I may ask?

Blues wish you were local or I was traveling near your AO, as I'd gladly let you run one of my VCS 870's, both of which have MP stocks.

As much as I think Han's 870 upgrades are the cat's ass, IMO the addition of the MP stocks ranks right up there w/ his mods. but YMMV applies here as always.

That said, I'm really looking forward to Adam releasing his adapter later this Fall (?) so I can add an MP stock to my 1301T & call it good. Hate it though as it may not be available in time for my next SG tuneup w/ DB & Wayne but 1st world problems & what not as always.
    Thank you, brother. If you ever do find yourself up in this area, consider yourself welcome. We're certified Texas friendly. We've had our friends from San Marcos, (knife maker Jerry Halfrich and his wife), visit for a few days in the past.
    "The writer's job is to tell the truth." - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    That's how strongly you feel about the magpul stock? Why, if I may ask?
    Not the most articulate critter here Neph, let me reflect on it & see if I can capsulize my thoughts on it in the next day or so.

In the meantime perhaps another user/fan of the MP stocks can weigh in here, you know so I can then jump in & say "yeah, that's it exactly "

Not the most articulate critter here Neph, let me reflect on it & see if I can capsulize my thoughts on it in the next day or so.

In the meantime perhaps another user/fan of the MP stocks can weigh in here, you know so I can then jump in & say "yeah, that's it exactly "
    If it makes you feel any better, the good Dr. House feels pretty strongly about 'em too and has advocated strongly on their behalf with me via PM.
    Pretty hard to turn one's back on strong endorsements from such respected folks as you two.
    "The writer's job is to tell the truth." - Ernest Hemingway

After reading through this thread I am not sure if that's the answer for me - concerned about getting my fingers jammed up during recoil.
    Hasn't been a problem for me. The fore end and a rail is about $40 so it's not a huge loss if you don't like it. Even if you don't mount anything on it the Magpul fore end is pretty nice. And the buttstock is the tits. Try and find a large guns store that has a magpul equiped shotgun is stock. I know Mossberg has a couple models, not sure if Remington does. That'll let you feel it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Hasn't been a problem for me. The fore end and a rail is about $40 so it's not a huge loss if you don't like it. Even if you don't mount anything on it the Magpul fore end is pretty nice. And the buttstock is the tits. Try and find a large guns store that has a magpul equiped shotgun is stock. I know Mossberg has a couple models, not sure if Remington does. That'll let you feel it out.
    I'm definitely not closed to the idea entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, the good Dr. House feels pretty strongly about 'em too and has advocated strongly on their behalf with me via PM.
    Pretty hard to turn one's back on strong endorsements from such respected folks as you two.
    Blues I'm just a lowly civie, not even in the league w/ the likes of Doc House, very much why I've trained over the years & continue to w/ cats like DB, Wayne & another nearby fella named Paul.

Now Bigghoss said above that the MP stock "is the tits" so for now I'll let that be my summation of said stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 07-17-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added pic

Blues I'm just a lowly civie, not even in the league w/ the likes of Doc House, very much why I've trained over the years & continue to w/ cats like DB, Wayne & another nearby fella named Paul.

Now Bigghoss said above that the MP stock "is the tits" so for now I'll let that be my summation of said stock.
    So you do not run the magpul foreend? What do you run instead and why?

also, what are folks' experiences with the XS/epoxy-installed tritium front sights? I am not unhappy wit the bead for now but am in the market for improvements.

Site Supporter

Setting up a 870

also, what are folks' experiences with the XS/epoxy-installed tritium front sights? I am not unhappy wit the bead for now but am in the market for improvements.
    The XS sight is a significant improvement over the plain bead because it's much easier and quicker to pick up, especially against a cluttered target and in suboptimal lighting. Installation is easy with good surface prep and JB Weld, and mine has not come off after being subjected to years and many hundreds of rounds of buckshot and slugs.

Here's a rough pic to give you an idea of what a sight picture would look like:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by nalesq; 07-17-2017 at 07:51 PM.

User Tag List