Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up a 870

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Sorry, pistol-forum and a few pints don't mix.

I got a 870 with Vang Comp rail on top and their ghost ring sights. Awesome set-up, you can hit steel plates with slugs from 100 yards.

Some writers of shotgun lore will tell you ghost ring sights will get you killed on the street.

(snipped)
    Well, in that case, it is a good thing I am using a mere bead sight on my 870P's Vang-comped barrel!

I got a 870 with Vang Comp rail on top and their ghost ring sights. Awesome set-up, you can hit steel plates with slugs from 100 yards.

Some writers of shotgun lore will tell you ghost ring sights will get you killed on the street.

Check Vang Comp website, I think they run like a few hundred installed.
    Thanks, been debating sending it for a once over, ghost ring install, and a vang comp barrel

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Thanks, been debating sending it for a once over, ghost ring install, and a vang comp barrel
    I highly encourage anyone looking @ going down a sim. path as mentioned above subscribe to the VC newsletter.

Why you say? Approx. 10 days ago I received an email from VC as they had a run of blem'd 870 VComped barrels FS @ $175.00
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 11-16-2015 at 09:27 AM.

A Slight Lane Veer w/ ......

a pic. showing mine, my partner & Serious Students 870's @ a HITs SG class last year.

DB's HK w/ a T1 (yeah big shock) is @ the top, as only 3 of us used optics, Bill were you the other one?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  63.0 KB

Correct, the bottom two 870's in the picture are mine.

Not in the frame is the 870 SBS and the Winchester Model 12 break-down shotty - aka, "The Ronco Pocket Shotgun".

And I might be wrong, but I think the fourth from the top is Wayne's 590. I remember he had a Mossberg in that class, being a southpaw.

I think it's time for HiTs to run another shotgun class.

For Surefire forends, how does the new DSF- compare to the older 318LM/618LM? I read something somewhere about kill power switch on the DSF units that can be left in the wrong position. Not sure if this is really an issue or if just internet silliness.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I think it's time for HiTs to run another shotgun class.

For Surefire forends, how does the new DSF- compare to the older 318LM/618LM? I read something somewhere about kill power switch on the DSF units that can be left in the wrong position. Not sure if this is really an issue or if just internet silliness.
    what do you mean left in the wrong position? You have a master on/off switch. You have to intentionally turn it off or on, I can't see how it would accidentally bump off. I really like mine so far and find it easy to work either momentary or constant. Works really well for the "bow and arrow" technique also.

Site Supporter

Check Vang Comp website, I think they run like a few hundred installed.
    Damn, thank God all those guys using rifles for close quarters bad guy killin don't know that rifle sights would get them killed!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And I might be wrong, but I think the fourth from the top is Wayne's 590. I remember he had a Mossberg in that class, being a southpaw.
    For some reason I don't recall Wayne being there. I do recall you shooting on my right plus your DPC board member (Karen perhaps?) forgetting to snug the gauge DB loaned her, receiving a nice shoulder bruise & not shooting the afternoon block. A motley crew below no doubt.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  41.2 KB
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 11-16-2015 at 11:27 PM.

User Tag List