Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kydex in the Arizona Heat

or just do leather? I think it'll be fine but if you have doubts, just spend the $ and buy a classy leather rig

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I've seen the warning that Comp-Tac puts out in regards to holsters in hot cars. Funny thing though, all the other holster companies I've dealt with (JM, RCS, CCC, Blade-tech, etc.) have never said anything about excessive heat damaging holsters. In Florida, I never had any issues with my RCS or CCC holsters deforming when left in the car. I just cracked the windows and the holster/gun stayed in my Maxpedition bag in the trunk when I couldn't carry it someplace.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnpSABil6zg

This is pretty common in the Southwest US. That is enough to ruin a holster if you leave a firearm in it.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

I've had reports of my BMC loosening up when left in the trunk in August in El Paso, TX with a magzine inserted.

200 deg f should not "deform" a properly annealed Kydex or Boltaron holster. It will make it possible to deform with pressure. If you must leave your Kydex" gear in the car at high temps, make sure it's not in direct sunlight and be sure it does not have anything with any weight stacked on it. I would also recommend removing magazines from any carrier that uses friction only retention(like my BMC).
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 09-29-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

User Tag List