Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bersa BP9 CC

Bersa BP9 CC

I was surprised and amused that a shooter took second at the recent IDPA championship match in CCP with a Bersa. Quick look on GunBroker showed them going for less than $300 new. My wife and I were in Sportsman's Warehouse tonight, browsing the gun counter, when my wife asked if they had a Bersa. Sure enough they did, a BP9 CC. She asked to handle it and remarked that the trigger was pretty darn good. Think it uses a Sig #8 front and a Glock rear sight, which seemed clever. Anyone shot one?

Glock 26 and the Bersa.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Never shot. Awesome trigger, though! You should buy it and give us a verdict!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I know someone who bought a Bersa (unsure which model, but it was a polymer single stack 9mm). Serious trigger issues (fail to reset), sold it at a big loss, never looked back. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone shot one?
    You'd have to call around and ask in person. I don't think anyone here would publicly admit to ever touching one.

Oh, damn, you just did...sorry.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I know someone who bought a Bersa (unsure which model, but it was a polymer single stack 9mm). Serious trigger issues (fail to reset), sold it at a big loss, never looked back. YMMV
    How big a loss, as the whole pistol, is under $300? Must have had to pay someone to take it.

This thing could be the South American version of the _____?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How big a loss, as the whole pistol, is under $300? Must have had to pay someone to take it.

This thing could be the South American version of the _____?
    Well, okay, fair. Percentage wise big, but if you can live with the caveat emptor at that price then by all means.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I have never shot that model.

Their rendition of the Walther 88 is very good, though. Despite a 75 pound trigger that swoops like crazy, it's easy to shoot with a high degree of precision.

In general my experience with Bersa pistols has been very positive.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I have never shot that model.

Their rendition of the Walther 88 is very good, though. Despite a 75 pound trigger that swoops like crazy, it's easy to shoot with a high degree of precision.

In general my experience with Bersa pistols has been very positive.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    My dad likes them, and will carry either a 9 or .45 compact (both P88 clones, though the .45 compact feels like a G30 with an XL backstrap to me) when he's not carrying a revolver. He had some pretty nice looking leather OWB rigs done up for them.

I shoot them rather well and both of his have excellent triggers, particularly the DA pull. No real issues with them that I'm aware of apart from when he was working up his 9mm and .45 reloads. I will say that the gun decocking when you put it on safe still manages to scare the shit out of me. I really like separate levers or at least separate movements (or better yet, decocker-only). Would I seek one out to buy? Probably not. However, he's confident with them which is what matters.

Based on the amount of Bersas I've had to send back (not very many) I don't have a negative opinion on them. The BP9cc had my attention the second it hit the shelves--perfect size, great ergos, damned good trigger. One guy sold his back to us because the trigger reset was too short for him and he would accidentally fire doubles/triples, don't know if that's a legit problem or not. If you pick one up I'd be interested in your evaluation.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Buy two, test them and give a report of your findings I am genuinely curious. May be another option to the Smith SD9VE for some folks. I had a Bersa BT 380 that was actually nice, miss it at times, especially when I think of running all my .380 through the LCP.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List