Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So I got to shoot Hornady's new 5.56 Nato 75 Grain TAP SBR load yesterday

10" = fail
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Thanks for posting the results. Did you get a chance to test the 75gr Gold Dot by any chance?

I did not. I don't have any and they didn't either. We did shoot some 55gr Federal Tactical Bonded. I got a call and had to leave (I was on duty) before they pulled the bullets out so I don't know how it did. I'll post the results when they email them to me. The photo was just a quick snap shot I took before I left.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    So yesterday Hornsdy came to our range for an ammo demo. Another agency was the mover behind the demo, we just provided the range. I shot the 75gr SBR load outta my 11.5 SBR and then shot my duty 64 gr Gold Dot load. Here's the result from the gel. Didn't run it past the chrono.

Attachment 9298
    Thank you for posting that. Those Hornady results seem on par for a 5.56 SBR. The extra 1/2" of penetration on BG does not concern me too much and 10" after auto glass is also not surprising.

I've been loading this Hornady load in my 10.5" LMT MRP and have been pleased with recoil, blast, and accuracy. I'll continue to use it if these are typical results.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Heads-up if you have credentials. $15.23/20

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto....cfm/ID/167785
    One of the biggest and most common mistakes gun owners make is assuming that they are done learning how to shoot.

User Tag List