Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who likes the .44 special?

Site Supporter
    I do. My 396ng.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up this little old thing....1913 New Century Triple Lock in 44 special with vintage Sambar stags......okay, begin the hate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Oh I don't hate ya but a triple lock is the one I haven't found. I did find a 2nd model, a 3rd model and a 696.

Well, I don't have a second model....but I have a couple of the 1926 3rd model. I drove a long way to do a deal at a highway construction site to grab the first model out of East Texas/West Louisiana. The letter request is enroute to Smith and I am venturing from the area it came from that it was likely an old lawman's gun or an oil man.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    ...okay, begin the hate.
    Only the fact that it's refinished allows me to keep the hate to a dull roar.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Only the fact that it's refinished allows me to keep the hate to a dull roar.
    It had some of the fake stags on it that were popular in the 50's. I have a feeling it was refinished around the same time period. It looks like one of those guns that was carried and used for several generations and then sort of relegated to sock drawers as it simply outlived owners and relatives. Grabbed a 5" 1926 .44 recently that was nickeled many years ago and that is worn as well. It says something about these guns when they are through multiple rebirths. The cool thing about being in Texas is stumbling into these things. I never saw them in California from just regular folk selling off grandpa's old gun.

Site Supporter
    My 1926 letters to wolf & Klar and judging from the holster wear it must have been a law mans gun. Had I been able to make it to that revolver shin dig (which has been added to the bucket list) I would have used the 1926.

NICE 44 Specials folks ! The only ones I have are a couple of stainless Bulldogs from the 70s a blued 21-4 (no TR scrambled egg on it) and a 21-4 in nickel. And also a blued flat top Ruger Blackhawk.

But your guys guns are drool worthy

44 Special - what's not to like !
    Last edited by SamAdams; 09-26-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    My 1926 letters to wolf & Klar and judging from the holster wear it must have been a law mans gun. Had I been able to make it to that revolver shin dig (which has been added to the bucket list) I would have used the 1926.

Most of those W&K guns went to one of three kinds of folks.....cops, crooks, or oilmen. They were also known for the disturbing "engraving" that was done on the jewelry side of the business. Who knows how many folks were killed back then with the gaudy engraved guns with mother of pearl longhorn grips with jeweled eyes.

Also....if you want to sell either of the two older guns....you know who to get a hold of.... No, not Tam...
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 09-26-2015 at 09:05 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I really need to get my 3rd Model .44 HE lettered...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List