Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Glock 19s $359 at AIM Surplus

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    And the G19 is pretty much the pistol to beat if you want a light weight, concealable and shootable pistol.
    That is where I come out. I have a hard time "liking" Glocks. But I trust (and use) the 9 mm Glocks I have more than any other semi-auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I hated the grooves on the 3's. Interestingly,the groove on my G4 G17 don't bother me.
    As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, that's because for some inexplicable reason, when Glock decided to add finger grooves for Gen 3, only as to the compact models (19, 22) they took a millimeter or two out from the first indent/groove under the trigger guard rather than from the end of the grip so that there's less space there than on either a full-sized or sub-compact model. That's why I don't own a Gen 3 or Gen 4 19 but have no issue with the 17.

I just ordered one of these Gen 2s from Aim as I've been looking for quite a while for a Gen 2 with no luck, at least not at a price I was willing to pay or in a condition I considered worth buying. I've followed a few auctions and haven't seen a G19 in good or very good condition go for much less than $500, with just gun and one mag, and not including shipping and transfer fee. So I figure just shy of $400 for the gun, one mag, shipping, and transfer fee to be a pretty good deal. I hope when I pick it up that I don't have to eat those words. I also hope it won't have the NY trigger, but I figure that's an easy and inexpensive enough fix if need be.
    Last edited by olivehead; 10-02-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I wonder if anyone is interested in these for the sake of avoiding the BTF that have plagued many Glocks (G19s in particular) manufactured in the past 5ish years?

Part of the reason why I'm interested in a Gen 2 G19. Having said that, I've occasionally gotten beaned in the forehead by a low round count Gen 2 G17. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by olivehead View Post
    As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, that's because for some inexplicable reason, when Glock decided to add finger grooves for Gen 3, only as to the compact models (19, 22) they took a millimeter or two out from the first indent/groove under the trigger guard rather than from the end of the grip so that there's less space there than on either a full-sized or sub-compact model. That's why I don't own a Gen 3 or Gen 4 19 but have no issue with the 17.
    That's why I don't own a Gen 3 19 anymore. I do find the Gen 4 a little better, but still not as good as the 34/17 or 26.

Gen 2 Glock 19s $359 at AIM Surplus

I just put a $369 G2 19 in layaway. It has the original box with white tag, 2 original mags and 1 extra mag from the ban era. I only jumped on it because it has a 2 letter prefix serial number and has proof marks. I've been wanting an old 19 for a while now.

I'll post pictures later.

JR1572
    Last edited by JR1572; 11-25-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Gen 2 Glock 19s $359 at AIM Surplus

Alright, so I picked up my G2 this week and threw it in the safe. I dug it out this morning to give it a good cleaning and I discovered some things.

1) The piece of plastic inside of the frame that is between the rear of the magwell and the front of the ejector housing in cracked and about to break off.

2) The plastic tabs to the rear of both of the rear frame rails are cracked and are about to fall off.

3) There are pieces missing from the bottom of the magazine well. That's the least of my concern at this point.

I bought this gun used, and it's rather old (EZ prefix) and judging by the parts inside of it, it may have never been upgraded.

Are these issues that serious and would they be things that Glock would address by either repairing or replacing?

Thanks,

JR1572

If I used improper/wrong wording for any of these parts/issues, I apologize. Mardi Gras started and I just got home from working the parade route.
    Last edited by JR1572; 01-31-2016 at 01:28 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    Alright, so I picked up my G2 this week and threw it in the safe. I dug it out this morning to give it a good cleaning and I discovered some things.

1) The piece of plastic inside of the frame that is between the rear of the magwell and the front of the ejector housing in cracked and about to break off.

2) The plastic tabs to the rear of both of the rear frame rails are cracked and are about to fall off.

3) There are pieces missing from the bottom of the magazine well. That's the least of my concern at this point.

I bought this gun used, and it's rather old (EZ prefix) and judging by the parts inside of it, it may have never been upgraded.

Are these issues that serious and would they be things that Glock would address by either repairing or replacing?

Thanks,

JR1572

If I used improper/wrong wording for any of these parts/issues, I apologize. Mardi Gras started and I just got home from working the parade route.
    Not sure how it will run in that condition, but if Glock repairs or places the frame it will likely be with the GEN three frame.

Site Supporter

Thanks,

JR1572

Damn dude...

Mine was in pretty good shape, but I'd give Glock a call for yours. Holy crap.

Thanks,

JR1572

EZ is May, 1989. Your frame can't be repaired, only replaced (gen3). It may need the early upgrade. Call Glock and find out what they will charge you for these. Consider shipping charges. You can also source OEM a replacement frame and the upgrade parts at retail. Consider shipping, transfer charges.

Any guarantee from Aim? Depending on the specifics and extent of wear, your gun may not be considered functional or safe to use. If sold as such...
    Last edited by ST911; 01-31-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    EZ is May, 1989. Your frame can't be repaired, only replaced (gen3). It may need the early upgrade. Call Glock and find out what they will charge you for these. Consider shipping charges. You can also source OEM a replacement frame and the upgrade parts at retail. Consider shipping, transfer charges.

Any guarantee from Aim? Depending on the specifics and extent of wear, your gun may not be considered functional or safe to use. If sold as such...
    I don't think mine came from AIM. I spotted this gem in my local supplier in the trade in pile and it went downhill from there. I'm going to bring the gun back to the shop and see what we can work out.

I really wanted a G2 19, but this isn't what I was looking to get all involved in.

JR1572

User Tag List