Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Because not everyone can be Nyeti

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Because not everyone can be Nyeti

Ok, not a grail gun but a cool survivor with some police history.

One of my co-workers said he had an old gun that was locked up and his wife was going to throw it away and asked if I wanted it. Yes, please.

So, it's got a little coral reef growing on it, but other than that isn't in bad shape. I got it unlocked after ensuring it was empty. It was basically just goo'ed closed with whatever fungus was growing in its crevices. The grips are in great shape, the rust is only surface rust, and the barrel is surprisingly bright other than some goo at the end of the muzzle. it came with an old duty holster, too, although I don't know enough about it to know how old it is. It seems in too good a shape to be old enough, but it's certainly a design I've not seen before. I'll get some pictures of it and post up and maybe one of you old guys can explain it to me.

Anyway, I'm not sure what such an example of a Colt Police Positive .38 goes for, but it's certainly high in cool factor in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    One of my co-workers said he had an old gun that was locked up and his wife was going to throw it away....
    Wow. Even if its just a paper weight or a wall hanger...
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Wow. Even if its just a paper weight or a wall hanger...
    Right?

I think it's going to be functional. Timing looks good, firing pin protrudes properly. I've removed the coral reef and the serial number returns to 1919 per Colt's look up.

He's supposed to bring me some boxes of ammo. Again, they were going to just throw it away because "old ammo". I told him I'd at least pull them down and use the brass. I gotta know how it shoots.

I envy your luck! That is a cool old revolver.

Site Supporter
    Very cool. Many style points for the rescue of that revolver. The timing check for the colt is in the detective special thread. Clean out the gunk oil it up good and enjoy. Old coppers are smiling upon you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    I envy your luck! That is a cool old revolver.
    Dude... Nice.

Is it .38 S&W?

Anyway, I'm not sure what such an example of a Colt Police Positive .38 goes for, but it's certainly high in cool factor in my book.
    FLGS has one in the used cabinet for about $550.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Dude... Nice.

Is it .38 S&W?
    Yessir, it is. Well, technically .38 Colt New Police, but my understanding is the difference was solely bullet profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    FLGS has one in the used cabinet for about $550.
    Wow, really? They seem quite a bit lower on gunbroker unless I'm missing something.

I took CLP and a nylon brush to it yesterday and got most of the 'reef' off of it. I'm letting more CLP soak in and then going to run a bore snake through it to see how the barrel cleans up.

I love old revolvers!

Right?

I think it's going to be functional. Timing looks good, firing pin protrudes properly. I've removed the coral reef and the serial number returns to 1919 per Colt's look up.

He's supposed to bring me some boxes of ammo. Again, they were going to just throw it away because "old ammo". I told him I'd at least pull them down and use the brass. I gotta know how it shoots.
    Depending on how old the ammo is, the brass may split when you fire it. https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-...8-SandW-Brass/ or http://www.midwayusa.com/product/163...ProductFinding

Okie John

User Tag List