Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arizona CCW

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I was under the impression Nevada no longer honored Arizona.
    http://gsd.nv.gov/FeesForms/Brady/CC...t-Recognition/

Arizona is on the "recognized" list... PDF
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I was under the impression Nevada no longer honored Arizona.
    They stopped honoring AZ permits, then the law changed and now they do again

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    They stopped honoring AZ permits, then the law changed and now they do again
    I looked it up after Roy's response. I did not know the law changed again. That is great news.

Site Supporter
    I looked it up after Roy's response. I did not know the law changed again. That is great news.
    I'll admit that I missed the part in the middle where NV stopped honoring AZ for a while... LOL.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

AZ permit renewals

It has been a long time since my initial permit, but my renewals have been turned around very quickly, less than 2 weeks. I also do my LEOSA qualification renewal annually. The Permit unit also does them. They are very good on turnaround, only a couple days last year. This year doesn't count since I hand carried it into the office and would have had it immediately but the card machine was in use with a large backlog of permits being processed. I had the Leosa card two days later via the mail. I may have cheated a little since I'm a DPS volunteer...
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Is getting an AZ permit difficult as a non-resident?

I live in NV, got my non-resident AZ permit in 3 weeks. Payed the fee, followed the directions and had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF422 View Post
    I live in NV, got my non-resident AZ permit in 3 weeks. Payed the fee, followed the directions and had no problems.
    It's been years since I did my initial permit, but you had to take an AZ certified class. I'm not sure if anyone outside AZ offers them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    It's been years since I did my initial permit, but you had to take an AZ certified class. I'm not sure if anyone outside AZ offers them.
    AZ takes a copy of another State permit or a DD-214 as evidence of training. Other "adequate" training is also acceptable as specified in the statute.
    http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument....13&DocType=ARS

6. Has ever demonstrated competence with a firearm as prescribed by subsection N of this section and provides adequate documentation that the person has satisfactorily completed a training program or demonstrated competence with a firearm in any state or political subdivision in the United States. For the purposes of this paragraph, "adequate documentation" means:

(a) A current or expired permit issued by the department of public safety pursuant to this section.

(b) An original or copy of a certificate, card or document that shows the applicant has ever completed any course or class prescribed by subsection N of this section or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club or organization that conducted or taught the course or class attesting to the applicant's completion of the course or class.

(c) An original or a copy of a United States department of defense form 214 (DD-214) indicating an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions, a certificate of completion of basic training or any other document demonstrating proof of the applicant's current or former service in the United States armed forces as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 5 of this section.

(d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.
    N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 09-25-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Is getting an AZ permit difficult as a non-resident?
    Around here, the Utah CCW instructors usually include instructions for AZ and FL permits with the packets.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List