Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to write an After Action Report?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My intent was definitely humorous, but unfortunately, also serious.

Ahh. I see.

If only there was a way to stay anonymous so you could write what you think without having to worry about online witch hunts.
    Last edited by Pup town; 09-21-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup town View Post
    Ahh. I see.

If only there was a way to stay anonymous so you could write what you think without having to worry about online witch hunts.
    That is much harder than people think.
    #RESIST

Thanks for all of the many things to consider while writing an AAR.
    Last edited by Clay1; 09-21-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Thanks for all of the many things to consider while writing an AAR.
    Don't worry about what others think, particularly the jaded individuals who only see negativity at every turn.
    #RESIST

Unfortunately, in some corners of the internet, the AAR is simply a part of the business model and marketing strategy.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Many people leave out negative comments from their AARs because (a) they have no idea what they are doing and what might constitute a negative to someone that does and (b) they are unwilling to admit that all of their lead-up "research" was flawed and they made a shot choice to train with a bad instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Unfortunately, in some corners of the internet, the AAR is simply a part of the business model and marketing strategy.
    True.

I am always very skeptical of the guy who never writes a negative review of anything.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Many people leave out negative comments from their AARs because (a) they have no idea what they are doing and what might constitute a negative to someone that does and (b) they are unwilling to admit that all of their lead-up "research" was flawed and they made a shot choice to train with a bad instructor.
    I've left negative comments out because the positive absolutely outweighed the negative and I truly wish that people would go out and train more. Also, a very few times I've been annoyed at a personal level with an instructor only to notice that said instructor was indeed improving my shooting skills.

One problem with negative comments is that no matter what positive things you say, folks in our gossipy little online village of shooting/self defense enthusiasts will absolutely seize up and obsess over only the negative comments. It won't matter if your experience was truly 90% positive, some of these negative fuckers exist online only to talk shit and feed upon negativity.

I'm sure I'll be vilified for this post. Oh well, out of fucks to give, no time for the negative shit. See you at the range or the match?
    #RESIST

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    If the firearms community had its own version of Yelp, the Internet would be reduced to ash in a matter of hours.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Another thing to consider is that many think that a certain block of training is great and "advanced" until they find an instructor who has higher standards, can teach said higher standards, and tracks performance metrics for their students.

Case in point. Jack kicked my ass and made me reassess much of my carbine skills.
    #RESIST

User Tag List