Thread: Barrel fitting how to?

Barrel fitting how to?

Looked online and all I found was 1911 related. Wanted to see how involved this was. Anybody have a good video or is this like, go to school and learn only kind of stuff?

Site Supporter
    What kind of pistol?

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

M&P 9. I have a factory barrel and a KKM drop in. Not starting with a blank here, just wanted to see if there was anything I might could improve upon on the already semi fit barrels.

Bar Sto has a video available to show you how to fit most barrels. Most are easy to fit, 1911's require a little more than most (Link pin, Depth etc) Pretty good video all in all. Hopefully this link will work for you. https://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=dv&cco=89

So I noticed something today after shooting and the gun was good and dirty. The top part of the barrel that makes contact with the breech face does not meet evenly. One side has a larger contact area. I tried to take good pictures of it but the ole iPhone can only do so much. Is this normal? Can I fix it? I'm getting a apex barrel as soon as there ready, but in the mean time I wouldn't mind making my current barrel better.

Hard to see. It's the lug (not sure correct terminology?) or the right making the least contact.

User Tag List