Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Each point down will now equal 1 second added to your time...

As for the points down/ time. I'm OK with the change. The guys that win will still win and the guys at the bottom will stay at the bottom. Locally there might be a little shuffle in the 3rd-6th slots and the rest of the middle of the pack but I don't see it as a big issue.

Honestly I see it more as lip service regarding a focus on accuracy than an actual focus on accuracy.

A lot of the commentary in this thread re: no shoots and misses pretty much proves that point.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    If you carried in a shoulder holster would you whine about USPSA allowing it? It's a game. Like golf with a gun. Not training. Have fun. Quit complaining.
    USPSA doesn't pretend to be defensive...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I shoot USPSA with my carry gear (albeit without concealment unless the weather is terrible). I'd like to point out that "gamer" gear is largely irrelevant (at least in production) until you hit the Master/GM levels. If you're competent with decent carry gear it's entirely possible to be beating guys using open race guns with compensators and optics.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Members do have a say, but they don't have the FINAL say.

There are lots of people who carry appendix and shoot IDPA without complaining and see the benefit and value of IDPA. you only draw once in a COF.

Until you have actually shot IDPA a few times and given IDPA a chance, your opinion on this matter is questionable.

IDPA views members as customers, and they try to keep them satisfied but not everyone wants to be a happy customer. Pay it forward, or you get out what you put into it.

Cody

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    You know where else you only get to draw once? A gun fight

The guys that want to run AIWB aren't typically trying to win competitions. They are trying to get more reps with their carry gear in a varying environment / start conditions that you don't aways get couple with a live fire fire environment.

One draw to 1st shot is pretty damn important in the big scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    If you carried in a shoulder holster would you whine about USPSA allowing it? It's a game. Like golf with a gun. Not training. Have fun. Quit complaining.

If you read the post I was quoting you would notice the bit about how "anyone in IDPA can walk in and shoot their carry gear" which I was responding to. Because it's not true.

My entire post was in response to codys. That context makes your other comments confusing to me. Because I said the same thing.

Ps my IPSC (not USPSA) gear doesn't resemble my carry gear in the slightest. I don't give a shit. But I don't pretend it does either.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    USPSA doesn't pretend to be defensive...
    Or International. It does, however, cling to that practical moniker.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    And does it miss the mark?

prac·ti·cal
    ˈpraktək(ə)l/
    adjective
    of or concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Newsflash: there is nothing practical about the contrived rules and scenarios that are IDPA

We shot a club match yesterday that used one second per point scoring. My wife and I both shot at our normal speed. It used scenario stages similar to what you might see at an IDPA match but different. I made up a down 1 and should have made up a couple more.

I have shot 1 second per point before doing drills with a group, but I think this my first match. Take aways are: I think it would be advantageous to scan targets after shooting and make up shots. I made up a down 1 while moving through the open. Good thing this wasn't an IDPA match.

I might try shooting a .45 with semi wad cutters so I can see the holes better.

I don't think this will have much impact if IDPA starts using this. They have a bunch of other stuff that should be fixed before they do this.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    And does it miss the mark?

prac·ti·cal
    ˈpraktək(ə)l/
    adjective
    of or concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Newsflash: there is nothing practical about the contrived rules and scenarios that are IDPA
    Relaaaaaax. No need to get all Defensive.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List