Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Each point down will now equal 1 second added to your time...

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    And when the fast guys keep winning, what then? Put a NRA Bullseye centered on the center of the 0 down zone?
    As Im sure others who have shot/learned from them before they put a premium on accuracy. Im sure hats the reason for the rule. I have not been an IDPA member in 2 years...since the flat-footed reload rule came out. Now that has changed, again. Im just glad I don't have to keep up with all the changes anymore.

Site Supporter
    And when the fast guys keep winning, what then? Put a NRA Bullseye centered on the center of the 0 down zone?
    I don't think it has anything to do with who wins, but whether or not the scoring system promotes the appropriate balance of speed and accuracy that IDPA wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    FTDMFR

That made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with who wins, but whether or not the scoring system promotes the appropriate balance of speed and accuracy that IDPA wants.
    Changing a major aspect of the sport 20 years after it has been accepted.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Not unheard of. In 1968 the NRA changed the highpower rifle targets from 5V to 10X scoring and made the scoring rings significantly smaller.

Since there has been talk about this change for more than a decade, by the folks involved in the original scoring design (and others), this is frankly long overdue. Amazed to see movement here, given how ossified IDPA has been.

KSTG anecdotally demonstrated this can be a significant change for the wider field in a number of stage layouts, although separating these effects from concurrent head box scoring zone changes was not clear.

We shall see what comes of this. Movement speed I think will still have more influence on results though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Not unheard of. In 1968 the NRA changed the highpower rifle targets from 5V to 10X scoring and made the scoring rings significantly smaller.
    I think that was more equipment driven.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Guess I'll have to get rid of my Glock and buy an HK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Guess I'll have to get rid of my Glock and buy an HK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And if you shoot an M&P9 just do the best you can.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I am not patient enough to do the math tonight, but as I recall, despite IDPA's reputation for prioritizing accuracy, the scoring for a miss, depending upon hit factor of the exact USPSA stage, was less punitive than a miss with IDPA scoring than USPSA scoring.

Robbie Leatham jokes that Bill Wilson developed IDPA scoring to have a game based on the pace he shoots. I don't understand this scoring change, on that basis, because although Bill shoots "snake eyes" frequently, he is a lot faster than the new, proposed scoring. Must be increasing the penalty for the LAV's shooting ability.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List