Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: Kyle Defoor 2-Day Advanced Handgun - Sept. 14-15, 2011 - Castro Valley, CA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Kyle emphasized his preference for a high ready position with pistols—the front sight is nearly even with the eyes, with a slight upward cant to the barrel. He also emphasized a similar high position when reloading. Kyle also discussed the problems that can occur with a low ready, as well as compressed ready positions like SUL, particularly as related to LE/CQB/PSD use in tight quarters.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    He is quite adamant that IWB/AIWB is the best way to carry in a truly concealed fashion.
    Very interesting, and good to hear. I use the high ready (elevated muzzle), and my press-out/presentation involves passing through the high ready. I was just in a class, from a different instructor - but well known, where the high ready was regarded as bad for "CQC" (and so was AIWB).

It sounds like Kyle's methods would line up well with my preferred methods and would be worthwhile instruction for me.

I occasionally cross paths with people who occasionally perform CQC type missions. And if the high ready is a "BAD" for CQC, what would be considered "GOOD"? I only ask because I think these guys should know they are doing it wrong.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I occasionally cross paths with people who occasionally perform CQC type missions. And if the high ready is a "BAD" for CQC, what would be considered "GOOD"? I only ask because I think these guys should know they are doing it wrong.
    PM coming shortly.

I think that is the best course AAR I've ever read. Thanks.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Slide show with music chosen by Kyle Defoor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CaYa...ature=youtu.be.

Down is the shit. Kyle has good taste

User Tag List