Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Review: JM Custom AIWB Holster - Glock 19

I keep moving back to 4 oclock because im tired of my Glock sticking me in the theigh. I do have a JMC for my P30. Might switch back to that for a bit to see if it might be more comfortable for me.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 09-27-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    JLM, if you get the holster in .093 thick kydex , it will come with 2 sets of slightly oversized holes in the holster body. The oversized holes will allow for slight cant adjustments with any of the loops. If you get a fixed kydex loop, split or solid, that will come with a figure eight hole pattern for more adjustments , both cant and ride height. The extra tuck is one of those things that you will either love it or hate it , and the only way to know is to try it. As soon as I can get the friggin time to get pics up on the website, I am going to offer a neoprene sponge wedge kit that , through quite a bit of testing over the last 6 -8 months , has proven to last really well and not loose it's density and shape over time. So that will be another option for those that want it. Thanks
    I suspect I will be calling you soon Todd told me he rocks the solid kydex loop so that may be something I would like.

To Doc Roberts, I'm 6'10" 240 heheheh.....midgets! midgets everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    I suspect I will be calling you soon Todd told me he rocks the solid kydex loop so that may be something I would like.

To Doc Roberts, I'm 6'10" 240 heheheh.....midgets! midgets everywhere!
    Tony, I'll be calling you here shortly I think. Thanks!

Quick update: I got it about a month ago. My initial impression was WOW straight out of the gate.

My impression at a month of rolling with it is WOW WOW. Worksmanship is excellent, it's supremely comfortable, and all in all it's just a very well thought out design in general. Ride height was pretty much perfect right out of the gate. I have no problems hiding a G17 even in a loose tshirt.

On the specific issue of comfort, most of the time I don't even know it's there.

As an added bonus Tony was GREAT to deal with. I think it was here in like 21 days IIRC. Hard to beat that really.

I wish I hadn't lost the JM Custom sticker he sent thou :P I wanted to slap that on of my guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    Quick update: I got it about a month ago. My initial impression was WOW straight out of the gate.

My impression at a month of rolling with it is WOW WOW. Worksmanship is excellent, it's supremely comfortable, and all in all it's just a very well thought out design in general. Ride height was pretty much perfect right out of the gate. I have no problems hiding a G17 even in a loose tshirt.

On the specific issue of comfort, most of the time I don't even know it's there.

As an added bonus Tony was GREAT to deal with. I think it was here in like 21 days IIRC. Hard to beat that really.

I wish I hadn't lost the JM Custom sticker he sent thou :P I wanted to slap that on of my guitars.
    JLM, thanks. I can throw a couple sticker in an envelope for you. Or you could order more gear and I'll throw in 2 (that's right, 2) stickers.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    JLM, thanks. I can throw a couple sticker in an envelope for you. Or you could order more gear and I'll throw in 2 (that's right, 2) stickers.
    Well, there's that! Anyway, DM inbound. Happy New Year dude!

I'm a long time fan of Tony's OWB holsters and IWB holsters. I bought AWIB holster from him to try out AWIB carry.

After reading much, I bought a G17 length holster with the extra tuck for a Glock 19, fixed split belt loop and a medium sweat guard.

Life caught up and about 6 months go by befor I get around to trying it out. Workmanship is as I would expect from Tony.

But the Glock 19 prints at the end of the pistol grip, kind of where the hole for a lanyard loop is on the gun.

Would the same holster without the extra tuck Print less?

Or would buying one of the foam wedges fix the issue?

I guess I am a bit confused as to what the extra tuck is supposed to accomplish.

For reference, I'm about 5'11", 190.

Thoughts...?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I'm a long time fan of Tony's OWB holsters and IWB holsters. I bought AWIB holster from him to try out AWIB carry.

After reading much, I bought a G17 length holster with the extra tuck for a Glock 19, fixed split belt loop and a medium sweat guard.

Life caught up and about 6 months go by befor I get around to trying it out. Workmanship is as I would expect from Tony.

But the Glock 19 prints at the end of the pistol grip, kind of where the hole for a lanyard loop is on the gun.

I guess I am a bit confused as to what the extra tuck is supposed to accomplish.

Thoughts...?
    Beat Trash,

I am am the same build and have the same problem with the same exact holster. Tony is working on something custom for me right now and I will keep you updated. If it works like we think it will you might want to give it a try.

Jay,

Thanks, I appreciate this. Looking forward to what Tony has in mind and how it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post

Thoughts...?
    Beat Trash, the neoprene wedge will definitely help. The extra tuck was designed first to tilt the muzzle away which aids in concealment. I made it as big as I could and still be comfortable. The neoprene wedge does a better job (for most people) than the extra tuck, and is more comfortable for a broader range of people, so anymore I am suggesting it ove the extra tuck. If you just got around to trying it, you could send it back and switch it out for one without the extra tuck and a neoprene wedge. Let me know, thanks.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List