Thread: Burgess Folding Shotgun

Burgess Folding Shotgun

http://www.popularmechanics.com/mili...lding-shotgun/

From the guys at Forgotten Weapons.

It's pretty cool.

CWO Swearengen goes into great detail about this amazing gun in Volume IV of his exhaustive work on fighting shotguns. It was truly ahead of its time.

I wish I had one.

My boss has a Burgess. It's pretty damn cool (not sure if it's the folding model).

I got to meet Ian and Karl at a recent match here in Phoenix. Nice folks. I have to admit, I'm jealous of Ian's job. He gets to play with all the coolest toys, including getting to shoot Elmer Keith's personal 4" pre-29. I was really happy to see that he's gotten a gig writing a weekly column for Popular Mechanics. Not only is it good for him, but it says something good about the public opinion of guns when there's a weekly gun column in Popular Mechanics.

I remember an old article on the Burgess Folding Shotgun ( old Gun Digest I think) it showed a belt carrier to carry it folded and old ad copy featuring it. Great Idea.

I've seen the pictures of them being carried in the belt deal, I didnt realize it was essentially a quick draw shotgun. Very cool.

I know a couple guys with Burgess rifles, no shotguns that I recall. Would be fun to mess with one at least.

...sort of want....
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List