Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Secretary of Navy ignores Marine Corps study on gender-integrated infantry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Is that the military version of the participation trophy/ribbons they give kids these days for just showing up?
    Not so much in reference to the beret, but it does seem like the Army hands out awards like candy for just showing up in some cases (I myself had 4 ribbons by the time I graduated from BASIC for heaven's sake!). But then in other cases, it can be unbelievable how hard it is to get soldiers who really deserve an award proper recognition.

The Marine Corps is fighting back with tests to ensure that Marines can actually physically do their jobs.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...jobs/73173524/

It could get a whole lot tougher for Marines to make it into more than two dozen ground combat jobs as Corps officials unveil new physical standards that troops must meet before shipping off to the fleet.

Marines who leave boot camp or Officer Candidates School hoping to join infantry, weapons, artillery and mechanized units will now face a host of new requirements before they can graduate from their military occupational specialty schoolhouses, Marine Corps Times has learned.

The new rules, which require Marines to prove they can accomplish some of the toughest tasks related to their jobs, are gender-neutral. That means all Marines — male or female — will have to meet the requirements before they're cleared for graduation.

The Marine Corps was the only military service to launch a physical requirements study on the scale of its Ground Combat Element Integrated Task Force, ahead of the Defense Department-wide mandate to open all jobs to women. About 400 Marines, including about 100 women, were hooked up to heart rate monitors and GPS tracking devices as they carried out a host of repetitive assessments.

Initial findings from that study indicated that all-male teams outperformed those that included women in nearly every area. Not only did the female Marines sustain higher injury rates, but were also slower, fired weapons with less accuracy than men, struggled to clear walls, and sometimes failed at simulated casualty evacuations.
    #RESIST

This is my surprised face. You (the uninformed public) might not be interested in reality, but reality is interested in you.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I am very proud that my service is fighting to maintain real world combat efficiency where the Army and the Navy have thrown in the towel. I do not mean that to imply some sort of intra-service rivalry or insult on my part.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I am very proud that my service is fighting to maintain real world combat efficiency where the Army and the Navy have thrown in the towel. I do not mean that to imply some sort of intra-service rivalry or insult on my part.
    I get the Sec Navy thing. Can you point to me the news that Army Infantry has opened to females? The Ranger thing was shown to be gender neutral standards.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I get the Sec Navy thing. Can you point to me the news that Army Infantry has opened to females? The Ranger thing was shown to be gender neutral standards.
    Fuck, I knew I should not have said anything. Never fucking mind.
    #RESIST

The Marine Corps did a great job with their integrated trial to prove the point. This latest change would seem to be a firewall and it is another good move.

Still closed to women http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jo...ryman-11b.html

And I asked nicely straight up. I got to my last nerve with USMC cheap shots in 1993 about two days after the Blackhawk Down when I listened to a Marine say the problem was they sent boys to do a man's job; should have sent Marines.

Your post was nowhere near that foolishness at all. I actually had my fingers crossed Googling a few minutes ago to insure there wasn't tragic news on the wire.
    Last edited by JHC; 10-06-2015 at 08:17 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

This was the other point of the intergrated task force, to gather data for implementing job based standards, which is something that we had lacked in the entry level pipeline for a while, I could go on about it forever but suffice it to say that it is about to get a lot harder to graduate from Infantry Training BN while at SOI, as it should be.
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 10-06-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    This was the other point of the intergrated task force, to gather data for implementing job based standards, which is something that we had lacked in the entry level pipeline for a while, I could go on about it forever but suffice it to say that it is about to get a lot harder to graduate from Infantry Training BN while at SOI, as it should be.
    I thought it was pretty tough before. This was in 2009 though. I have friends at SOI as instructors, I'll see what's up.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 10-06-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Marine Corps report finds that women cannot cut it in special operations forces.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/07...pecial-forces/
    #RESIST

User Tag List