Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my handloads dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Should I have your favorite niece start praying for SLG......
    I think you'll have to let us in on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I think you'll have to let us in on that one.
    So my daughter is in the car and asks, "Dad, where is Uncle Wayne, I haven't seen him in awhile". I tell her that Uncle Wayne is on a deer hunting trip. My little animal rights activist who is a carnivore that doesn't want to discus the circle of life says "oh no daddy, Uncle Wayne kills everything he see's". So she closes her eyes really tight and says "Dear God, please do not let Uncle Wayne see any animals on his trip".............So a few days later when Wayne gets back and calls me. "This was the weirdest trip ever, I didn't see a single deer or much of any animals at all".......then I explained the "hex" my little angel put on him. Now, Uncle Wayne keeps hunting trips a secret until after he gets back.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 09-15-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

So my daughter is in the car and asks, "Dad, where is Uncle Wayne, I haven't seen him in awhile". I tell her that Uncle Wayne is on a deer hunting trip. My little animal rights activist who is a carnivore that doesn't want to discus the circle of life says "oh no daddy, Uncle Wayne kills everything he see's". So she closes her eyes really tight and says "Dear God, please do not let Uncle Wayne see any animals on his trip".............So a few days later when Wayne gets back and calls me. "This was the weirdest trip ever, I didn't see a single deer or much of any animals at all".......then I explained the "hex" my little angel put on him. Now, Uncle Wayne keeps hunting trips a secret until after he gets back.
    Please dont tell her about me!

That's some great shooting! That 10 grain unique load is responsible for many a dead critter. Judging by your steel shooting, some deer could be in serious trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Please dont tell her about me!
    He must have mentioned our moose hunt, too.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You mentioned .44s in the plural. What other .44s are in the SLG Armory (that you are willing to discuss)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    That's some great shooting! That 10 grain unique load is responsible for many a dead critter. Judging by your steel shooting, some deer could be in serious trouble!
    Thanks LR. Given some of the long range pistol shooting you do, my efforts are meager. All due to your help with the handloads.

As for other .44's, I've always been a Keith fan, and while my collection is not as nice as yours, I have a few others. 629 Mtn Gun, 29 Mtn gun, and a 6.5" 629. The 629 Mtn Gun shoots almost as well as my Classic. The 29 Mtn Gun was a gift from my wife when we had our first child. The S&W Performance center tuned it up and put Keith style bars in the front sight for me. Definitely a keeper. However, that 5" classic is a really sweet combination of recoil absorbing weight, sight radius, and packability. Hard to pass it up.

Sounds like a very good group of Smith 44's.

SLG,

That sounds like a very nice collection of .44s, and one to be proud of. Very cool about the "Birth" gun! My bride bought me a 4" .44 Redhawk, back a number of years ago, as a 10th anniversary gun. Such guns are to be treasured and passed on to kids, who hopefully will understand.

That's hilarious - anyone who doesn't crack a smile and that has no soul...

User Tag List