Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879

Thread: Happy PFestivus! I've got a lot of problems with you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    [a bunch of nice things] ....sorry.
    Who invited the Canadian?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I never really quit, it just worked out from a timing perspective that I was going to back off anyway.
    I am glad to see you posting again.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Age 41, 20/15 in both eyes.
    Also age 41, still rocking 20/20, but the rest of me is going to shit.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Who invited the Canadian?
    WHAT? He's no Canadian! That's the one person here I truly loathe for all his offensive, vulgar and openly derogatory posts.

No, I'm kidding, he's cool. We can make him an honorary member of the Beaver tribe.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Also age 41, still rocking 20/20, but the rest of me is going to shit.
    Yall both suck. Turned 44 this year and my eyes went to shit along with the rest of me. An astigmatism and bi-focals all at once. Glasses...yay me.

This thread will be locked down at 1330 EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    We had a similar thread pop up on another vBulletin forum I'm on...it got to 100K posts in about 9 months...I was like, woah.

Admins had to shut it down due to impact on the server, and spawn a 2.0 version.

Stuff like that sure does drive up clicks...Just sayin'
    Cut it at 2,000 posts and start over.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sorry typing this on my phone as i am away right now so I apologize in advance if this does not read well.

Being given the SME title on a forum is not always of benefit. Often times it comes with certain issues not unlike being staff or a moderator, but in a slightly different way. While information can be exchanged and the entertainment value exists the Internet is a diversion, a good bit different from my every day reality. For myself the biggest benefit is that it may put me in contact or face to face with the correct people.

I have this SME distinction here and similar on 4 forums. What I have noticed is that it has caused my participation level to decrease. A bit of anonymity goes away and you can become a target for those who you may upset and then they attempt to create issues for you in your everyday life.

As has been mentioned some of us, myself included may be employed where there are those that might want to do us and our families harm. We may also be expected to lead a life to a certain expectation at work and at home 24/7. So I have no problems where an individual may have contrary points of view than myself, however if they do get butt hurt and it happens they can be vindictive. Even if their claims are completely false or unwarranted they can create unnecessary problems. Of course this could be avoided by remaining a bit more anonymous on forums.

So why choose to accept a title? Well for myself and mostly what I see it is in order to lend support to a forum and certain individuals that have added value in my real life and as a means to reciprocate that with the forum. Right now I really only visit this forum and one other at this time and my level of participation has declined over the years.

Indeed I get paid full time for doing this working for a large organization and my own business. I am extremely busy with work and my still young family and their activities / sports. I have spent a lot of time and my own money in attempt to give back or help grow the defensive and shooting sports communities. I do put on quite a bit of freebie stuff locally, especially to law enforcement and the Military. While i do limited civilian stuff face to face my online interaction and former content was my way of giving back and I got heat over that, from noted trainers in the business who felt I gave away too much for free, to dealing with a types mostly the idiots.

So to those who are positive influences to online activities who wish to contribute in positive ways to grow the shooting world, thank you. To those that just like to be assholes out of spite, entertainment or whatever, there are better things to do with your time and negativity. I see too much in my daily life that is horrible. Just remember things can always be worse and putting effort into being a negative influence here or anywhere online is a sad thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski
    That does it, I'm buying you a membership at the end of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Was literally wondering how to do that nonchalantly w/o being a public douche about it, but fuck it... Wanna go halfsies?
    I'm completely humbled and just so stunned by this kind gesture.

However, I simply can't accept that. I can literally afford a membership, and we do have savings (we being my spouse and I; we're Dave Ramsey people. We have the 6 month emergency fund), etc.

But, we did touch savings this month; so I'm reluctant to spend the membership fee right now. I just feel like as the head of the household that's a little irresponsible on my behalf. That's all.

I'm so just blown away by the kindness of this gesture from both of you, but I couldn't in clear conscious and integrity accept that (EDIT: added especially) especially without you knowing the entirety of the situation. I'd feel that would be dishonest.

Thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart,

God Bless,

Brandon
    Last edited by BWT; 09-19-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Happy PFestivus! Thanks again everyone - let's do it again next year!!

User Tag List