Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy PFestivus! I've got a lot of problems with you people.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Instructor Zero?
    Wasn't my idea. The LT and Sgt had burrs up their butts.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1) this is the advice Robbie Leatham offers about the draw and shooting generally -- stop the gun, aim, jerk the trigger (without disturbing the sights). Shooting is about discipline, which is knowing how long to stop the gun, how much to aim, and how fast to jerk the trigger.

2) we have a resident expert on the appendix draw here at PF:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....riving-the-Gun
    Thanks, guess I'll finally go through all 1200+ pages of Mr White's journal. I'm probably going to get tons of insights about shooting in general. Just been lazy

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1) this is the advice Robbie Leatham offers about the draw and shooting generally -- stop the gun, aim, jerk the trigger (without disturbing the sights). Shooting is about discipline, which is knowing how long to stop the gun, how much to aim, and how fast to jerk the trigger.

2) we have a resident expert on the appendix draw here at PF:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....riving-the-Gun
    Thanks also for the advice on #1, I've realized I can drive the gun out faster and take more time to aim/press and still end up taking as long overall. Need to improve everything about that whole chain of movement though.
    Last edited by scw2; 09-17-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I mean, if you want to bring stuff up from the past like a vengeful girlfriend thats fine, but get the facts straight.
    Lol.. Seriously only brought it up to point out the difference, which I do respect.
    I'm firmly in the "enjoy most of your posts, just ease up on the attitude" camp.
    Hope you stick around, I mean, a cop that speaks 4 languages? That's like our very own unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Thanks also for the advice on #1, I've realized I can drive the gun out faster and take more time to aim/press and still end up taking as long overall. Need to improve everything about that whole chain of movement though.
    I watched one of your recent draw vids last night. It looked to me like a perfectly decent draw. If you want it to go faster, I think you need to move your arms and hands faster. The movement is pretty relaxed looking.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Lol.. Seriously only brought it up to point out the difference, which I do respect.
    I'm firmly in the "enjoy most of your posts, just ease up on the attitude" camp.
    Hope you stick around, I mean, a cop that speaks 4 languages? That's like our very own unicorn.
    Moreso then you know...

I spent all this time sifting through comments. My whole point of participating is to gain and pass on knowledge. If I didnt care, I wouldnt be here.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Byron, I would be really sad if you completely left. I get not being as interested in participating at times. But I would not want to see you leave, from here or anywhere.
    Lord of the Food Court

Directed at the entire internet:

Butthurt can be a disease, but there is a cure, and probably more importantly, preventative medicine.

1. Be honest. Bullshitters get called out, mocked, trolled. If you try, and are honest, it is easy to own the few mistakes that you do make and everyone forgives you. And if they won't, they probably will look like an asshole.

2. Must have sense of humor. If you can't/don't laugh at yourself, other people will. Just like in the rest of life, people who take themselves or some certain thing way too seriously and have like, no sense of humor that they are aware of, are very vulnerable to needling, trolling, etc. If you can mock yourself and have a sense of humor even about things that are important to you, people trying to make you feel bad are basically powerless.

3. People respond in kind. Want to get niceness out of someone? Being nice to them is a persistently effective way to do that.

4. Strip language and syntax of remarks about the other person, their thoughts (which you can't know with certainty), their motivations. Doggedly sticking to the issue at hand helps people leave their ego out of how they respond to you.
    Lord of the Food Court

5. Phrase things in terms of your own unassailable experience. Don't tell people how things work or are going to work for them. Tell them how your have experienced them to work for you and phrase it that way. Use the phrase "I think" a lot, because we all KNOW very little with certainty.
    Lord of the Food Court

I'm gonna say it right now, real talk -

No one needs to leave.

Be it Byron, VoodooMan, Nyeti, your mama, whatever - If you have an issue with someone put them on ignore. There are a couple of people here, who rub me the wrong way, so I stick them on ignore. In doing so, it lessens the temptation to slam "Reply with Quote"!!!! and start an argument. Note I didn't say stop, I can still read ignored people's posts, but having to click the button and do so gives me a mental pause and makes me question if I really want to do it. It also makes me stop and consider the content of the post not just the tone.

Initially, I had words with Darryl (a while ago) where we disagree philosophically about how to approach certain topics that have (almost nothing) to do with shooting, but topics both of us are passionate about. I had to ignore him for a while and I suspect he did the same. Then I realized that Darryl and I do share more than a few common likes - revolvers, shotguns, viking helmets, and fighting naked. Also, he lives in my hometown and loves my favorite gun shop. How can I dislike a man who I have so many things in common with? I can't. Yea, we disagree on how to do some things, but hell if we agreed on everything life would be boring. I've come to respect the man enough through seeing his interactions here, that when I get the chance to take a month or two off next summer to help my dad build his new garage in Dallas, I will take a HiTS class, and get some training in with him and Wayne.

Let's be practical here. Tone means a lot, sure it absolutely does. But you can do two things about someone else's tone - Jack and Shit. What you can do, is back off and think about their critiques, analyze them, and determine if they fit what you need or how you understand a subject. If they don't, come back with a carefully worded respectful response. Or you know, fight it out via PM or whatever.

-Rob
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-17-2015 at 02:21 PM.

User Tag List