Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy PFestivus! I've got a lot of problems with you people.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That does it, I'm buying you a membership at the end of the month.
    Was literally wondering how to do that nonchalantly w/o being a public douche about it, but fuck it... Wanna go halfsies?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Yeah, but you don't count. I've heard about you...:-)
    HAH! Of course, I guess I'm like quadruple-screwed in getting some slack cut!
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well, here's Byron methodically deconstructing another forum member in a PFestivus thread. See you next year for your next target?
    It seems I've bothered you for a while now. I think I understand why, but I could be way off base.

If you feel like PF is better without my presence, please let me know and I'll move along. That's nothing against you (or anyone here). I just don't want to be the asshole in the pool splashing people who are relaxing nearby with a book. I'm not trying to play victim: I just want to gain perspective.

I just need to stand back and take stock sometimes. My participation has dropped off steeply over the months. I don't exactly know why, but that's definitely been the trend. If my presence has become burdensome for core members here, I have no shame in finding my way to the door.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    It seems I've bothered you for a while now. I think I understand why, but I could be way off base.

If you feel like PF is better without my presence, please let me know and I'll move along. That's nothing against you (or anyone here). I just don't want to be the asshole in the pool splashing people who are relaxing nearby with a book. I'm not trying to play victim: I just want to gain perspective.

I just need to stand back and take stock sometimes. My participation has dropped off steeply over the months. I don't exactly know why, but that's definitely been the trend. If my presence has become burdensome for core members here, I have no shame in finding my way to the door.
    I thought that post was great, and many others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    Just my thoughts...

I know it's a few pages back now, but I could really give fuck all about adding more to the SME labels. Most of the time I'm viewing the forum on my phone and the titles don't show up anyway.

Speaking of SMEs...SLG responded to a post of mine earlier this year and basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about. He was completely right, and caused me to give some of my thoughts some much needed reflection. God forbid I ever do need to draw a gun in anger, but he may very have well saved me a bunch of problems (to say the least). I never told him thank you, so I'm saying it now. Big, big thanks to all the experts (labeled and otherwise) that donate their experience here at no charge to the membership.

As for voodoo man...I've been trading PMs with him tonight and he really is a good dude. I honestly think he has the best of intentions and wants to help others here. I'd urge people to give him the benefit of the doubt when reading his posts.

Now, with all that kumbaya bull shit out of the way, I do have a serious bone to pick. GJM, what is with all the HKs? Do you even shot time, bro?
    I have no idea what that was about, but I'm really glad to have been of some help. I hope I didn't come off like too big a dick at the time. Sometimes it's hard to tell how big a dick a guy has from his posts;-)

Those of us who have personally corresponded with VoodooMan think he has something to offer and I want him posting. The issue is not content it is presentation of content. I was VoodooMan in my late 20's. Shot every night, had been in multiple shootings, trained like an animal and all I cared about was hunting felons and everybody who didn't do it as hard as me sucked. I heard "your delivery sucks" from just about everyone (you think it is bad now, it was terrible then). The only thing I was good about was shutting my suckhole when I was around those folks who were what I wanted to be. I was blessed with great mentors. One of those things I learned from those mentors was that I needed some "Ying" with the "Yang". I made some drastic changes and have been blessed to have learned a lot from people I did not expect to.
    Most know that Todd and I often argued like old women. I learned a lot from those interactions (and with many others here) because I can argue without making it personal. I may despise a persons position, but as long as we are having an honorable fight, I am good personally.....even if I think their position is stupid. Some folks are stupid, and I have little tolerance and will usually turn that off and not bother. 20 years ago, I could not have those arguments with Todd or others. I have been blessed to have learned some great stuff from people I started out massively butting heads with. Ken Good comes to mind, and Ken and I are now friends, and both of us have changed our ideas because of fighting with honor and training with each other. I simply hope we can all have honorable fights here and learn. Hell, if I can "try" with Cody, we can all work to get our points across without name calling and I am a fan of the "say it to their face" rule. Keep in mind that GJM and I hang out now.....go look at past interactions and it shows that learning can occur even without agreement.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Just so long as you understand your love for bullpups makes you a special snowflake. That's the important part.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbateman View Post
    I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

Me I post under my real name, there's a link to my FB in my sig. I'm not at all worried about people finding me.
    But if I were in your shoes I would do the same as you.

I don't know your name but I do know on more than one occasion I have read your posts and really taken notice of what you had to say.
    Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I have no idea what that was about, but I'm really glad to have been of some help. I hope I didn't come off like too big a dick at the time. Sometimes it's hard to tell how big a dick a guy has from his posts;-)
    Haha, no you were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post

I literally do not care. I am pointing out a pattern of yours. You are not burdensome, you do not violate the COC.
    #RESIST

User Tag List