Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy PFestivus! I've got a lot of problems with you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    As long as nobody recreates the infamous "Twatwaffle Incident" of 2013 that led us into the long, dark kittening wilderness. I'm sorry for that, y'all. That was entirely my bad.
    Haven't heard "twatwaffle " in forever! I intend to use it, at least, 3 times in the next 48 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post

My only wish, and it's purely selfish, because I'm sure I would get so much out of it, is that I would like to see more SME's (and mods) posting in the training journal and DOTW's. I'm sure SME's are super busy doing SME things with other SME people and I get that dedicated postings in a journal is time consuming and in some cases ill advised given their line of work. But it's been super beneficial, at least for me anyway, to follow the training journals of high level shooters like Mr. White and Todd and I'd like to see more.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say. I typed it up but re reading it, it came across bad or something, just didn't sound right. But very much this! Made me think of it when SLG posted his 100 yard group, he even said he specifically doesn't post weapon or target pictures but made an exception for this.. We wanna see some SME action!

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say. I typed it up but re reading it, it came across bad or something, just didn't sound right. But very much this! Made me think of it when SLG posted his 100 yard group, he even said he specifically doesn't post weapon or target pictures but made an exception for this.. We wanna see some SME action!
    Don't be tough on SLG, I don't think he knows how to post photos. Bet he sent the picture to Darryl, since it was a revolver, and Darryl posted it for him.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I don't want this to turn into a fundraiser -- because that's not what this thread is about --

I appreciate your feeling that way about it, though I think it was Festivus last year that inspired me to become a supporter, and I believe some others.

I cant really think of anything to gripe about. I'm just glad my name hasnt surfaced along with the terms hillbilly and retarded, even though it may fit a time or two.

It seems much less grumbling than last year in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    I'm going to guess that some of the SMEs don't really have the option to divulge their units' training programs or TTPs in depth, which in the end is what you're asking.

I wouldn't want to be standing tall before my boss explaining why I'm posting drills I did for today's training. Loose lips sink ships, and lots of organizations would frown on it.

"But boss, I'm only posting drills without any context" isn't likely a redeeming statement on your character in these organizations....and even if it were, frankly, an Internet forum isn't worth that amount of hassle if you skyline yourself.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-14-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Grievance #1 Incredibly long, drawn out, redundant posts and threads that end up going nowhere.

Grievance #2 People who click "reply with quote" to those long, drawn out fucking useless posts that are a page and a half long.
    TL;DR
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Don't be tough on SLG, I don't think he knows how to post photos. Bet he sent the picture to Darryl, since it was a revolver, Darryl sent it to Malamute who posted it for them from his remote cabin.
    FIFY
    Last edited by HCM; 09-15-2015 at 12:00 AM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    ^^^It's funny 'cause it's true.

I'm not saying Darryl beats on his computer with a stone club to try and make it do what he wants it to do, but... well, yeah, that's the impression I've picked up.
    Last edited by Tamara; 09-15-2015 at 12:06 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I thought it was funny when I saw that somebody had sent something to Darryl to post for them.

Actually, I'm glad he figured it out. He always has cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    ^^^It's funny 'cause it's true.

I'm not saying Darryl beats on his computer with a stone club to try and make it do what he wants it to do, but... well, yeah, that's the impression I've picked up.
    I think he is doing drill of the week, but it is at the local Apple Store. No reason to have all those nice revolvers and not be able to post pictures. I also think he knows how to text, and has a voice mail message with a custom recording.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List