Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy PFestivus! I've got a lot of problems with you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I stopped emotionally maturing in about eighth grade, so when I hang out with the high school kids it's like I am cool. One of them might even give me a cigarette.
    I'm gonna be honest, I never thought you were a dick - UNTIL I learned you have bad astigmatism (like I do). That's when I realized you're an asshole. Why? Because I couldn't keep blaming my shit shooting on being nearsighted. "It's not my fault! I can't even see the front sight with my glasses off!"

Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, I never thought you were a dick - UNTIL I learned you have bad astigmatism (like I do). That's when I realized you're an asshole. Why? Because I couldn't keep blaming my shit shooting on being nearsighted. "It's not my fault! I can't even see the front sight with my glasses off!"

Dick.
    Don't worry, I got your back on the astigmatism excuse. Gabe is lying about his.......typical gamer...
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    2 of my professors were ultra-marathoners.

Whatever they were, it certainly wasn't human.
    "Any fool can run a marathon, but it takes a special kind of fool to run an ultra."

Of all the sports I've done, ultras are my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I ran a half marathon in full patrol gear. It sucked but I could probably do a full one if i had a dew days to relax after.
    One year when I did MCM I passed a few firefighters mid-way through the race in full gear, including an oxygen tank on their back. And it was one of the hot years. I was cooked at the end, but I was only wearing shorts and a singlet. Can't imagine what those guys were feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Don't worry, I got your back on the astigmatism excuse. Gabe is lying about his.......typical gamer...
    Darryl's powers of detection are apparent. Rob, that's not quite right, I only have slight astigmatism but pretty massive nearsightedness. Not sure how that compares to you.

Now let's do the list. I am:

Weak
    Cowardly
    Asshole
    Dick
    Liar
    Gamer
    As emotionally mature as an eighth grader

Sounds about right!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Well... everyone stopped screaming, so I guess this purge thing actually works.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    I lurk much and post little. I've read some threads where posts seem reasonably polite and then suddenly out of nowhere, some one is suddenly feeling insulted. I re-read the posts, and I still just don't get it. I didn't see anything to presage such a response, and the whole exchange leaves me scratching my head. A wise friend of mind once said, "Just last week something was bothering me, and you know what? I got over it." I think about this all the time, as the concept is relevant to many settings.

Thanks to everyone for the excellent content. I learn a lot here.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Well... everyone stopped screaming...
    Way to chum the waters, there.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tamara View Post
    way to chum the waters, there. :d
    grievances unto the grievances throne!!
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I lurk much and post little. I've read some threads where posts seem reasonably polite and then suddenly out of nowhere, some one is suddenly feeling insulted. I re-read the posts, and I still just don't get it. I didn't see anything to presage such a response, and the whole exchange leaves me scratching my head. A wise friend of mind once said, "Just last week something was bothering me, and you know what? I got over it." I think about this all the time, as the concept is relevant to many settings.

Thanks to everyone for the excellent content. I learn a lot here.
    Sounds like my grandmother. "Get over it or die mad."

User Tag List