Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy PFestivus! I've got a lot of problems with you people.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I find {byron's} posts interesting, thoughtful and read them carefully.
    Me too, but I wouldn't subscribe to his newsletter. It would be long as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Got it. I'm not always great at seeing patterns in my own behavior, so I appreciate you raising it to me. It definitely gives me some things to ponder.
    What I am attempting to point out is that a long while ago you said on here that you were attempting to be more positive. I am not seeing that, I am observing you take down people with multiple paragraph posts and occasionally update your SIRT thread (well done there!). You are often right but you seem to enjoy really, really deconstructing someone. You are within the CoC and are welcome to continue with this pattern of behavior. I won't bring it up outside of the PFestivus threads. Lambast him or not, VoodooMan does come here to talk about shooting and tactics.
    #RESIST

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Me too, but I wouldn't subscribe to his newsletter. It would be long as fuck.
    Guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What I am attempting to point out is that a long while ago you said on here that you were attempting to be more positive. I am not seeing that, I am observing you take down people with multiple paragraph posts and occasionally update your SIRT thread (well done there!). You are often right but you seem to enjoy really, really deconstructing someone. You are within the CoC and are welcome to continue with this pattern of behavior. I won't bring it up outside of the PFestivus threads. Lambast him or not, VoodooMan does come here to talk about shooting and tactics.
    I hear you.

In May, the last time I shit on someone, I regretted it immediately. I have indeed been trying to be more positive. I regret that my actions here have not shown that.

And you're right: VM has a lot more shooting/tactics content to provide this community than I do. It's why I've largely shifted to lurker mode over the last few months.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I still wish you'd post more, there's way more on PF than just shooting/tactics content.
    Concur.
    #RESIST

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Thanks, guys. I'll try to participate more (without just racking up my post count)
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    ...Group training section by state would be nice, I'd like to train/be taught/influenced by more competent people around me. It's hard for me to train solo, I like the interaction of fellow shooters and the accountability that comes with it and the competitive drive associated with it as well.
    I think the "Regional Training" forum would be better if it was sub-divided into actual geographical regions. Anything east of the Rockies is of only intellectual interest to me. (Actually, outside of the Pacific Northwest.)

Grievances:
    1) I have neither the time nor the money to train as much as I need to.
    2) I have neither the time nor the money to practice, ditto.
    3) I'm surrounded by statists, communitarians, and collectivists. They're taking over my nation, and the options seem to be limited to how fast do we want the handbasket to go to hell.
    (1, 2, and 3 tie together; Mrs. Drang was laid off January 1, and is still unemployed. Thanks, President SCOAMF!)
    4) A couple of the Cool Kids have come back from Facespace, but I can't help feeling that I'm missing out on stuff since getting exiled from there

Speaking of Cool Kids, I think that Tam's depth of knowledge would justify making an SME on firearms History & Lore. Or something like that.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by parabellum242 View Post
    I ran a mile yesterday evening in callout gear. I wanted an oxygen mask and full body massage afterward. You win.
    Instructor Zero?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Is this Ed H? I'm thinking we may have a mutual friend.
    Joey G. Also Bryan S, though Bryan is a family man and doesn't do as many events. They give me the heebidybajeebies.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Speaking of Cool Kids, I think that Tam's depth of knowledge would justify making an SME on firearms History & Lore. Or something like that.
    *ahem* And snark. Don't forget the snark.

Agreed on Byron, love his posts. He's a genuinely nice guy, and the t-rexes over on TPI speak very highly of him. His logical deconstruction /destruction can be a little strong when turned on an individual, but it's epic when he takes on tired myths and dogma. Plus he keeps us all honest; I've said before that I'm afraid to even pretend to be myself, lest he come along and prove I'm somebody else.

I guess we've moved on from vdm, but in case anyone forgot or wasn't around: he was here a few years ago, with similar results, and left/ got banned/whatever.
    This time around, I've seen lots of people ragequit over WAY less punishment than he's taken in this thread alone. I have to think that shows a strong desire to be part of the community, and deserves respect.
    Even if he really is a weak, cowardly troll ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    *ahem* And snark. Don't forget the snark.

Agreed on Byron, love his posts. He's a genuinely nice guy, and the t-rexes over on TPI speak very highly of him. His logical deconstruction /destruction can be a little strong when turned on an individual, but it's epic when he takes on tired myths and dogma. Plus he keeps us all honest; I've said before that I'm afraid to even pretend to be myself, lest he come along and prove I'm somebody else.

I guess we've moved on from vdm, but in case anyone forgot or wasn't around: he was here a few years ago, with similar results, and left/ got banned/whatever.
    This time around, I've seen lots of people ragequit over WAY less punishment than he's taken in this thread alone. I have to think that shows a strong desire to be part of the community, and deserves respect.
    Even if he really is a weak, cowardly troll ;-)
    I mean, if you want to bring stuff up from the past like a vengeful girlfriend thats fine, but get the facts straight.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List